A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: not enough memory

not enough memory

when I publish my movie i get a message that says:

"error creating flash movie. there was not enough memory available"

I tried increasing the paging files size and the registry size in windows but that didn't work. Any ideas or reasons why this is happening and how can i resolve this?

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    There are limits on how big your Flash movie can be, you could be running into that or you could just be causing Flash to trip over its own feet because of the complexity of your movie or you might just have a corrupt FLA. It's hard to tell without seeing what you're trying to publish.

My flash file is 525 mb. I don't think it is complex in therms of its interactivity (just a bunch of gotoplay script and sound objects). It has 3 mov. files in it, and alot of bitmap images that are tweened. After I added the 3rd mov. file I started getting the error message. I have an earlier versions that is about 450 mb and that one publishes without a problem. So, I'm trying to reduce my latest version down to around 450 mb. Do you have any other suggestions?
    Last edited by vblevin; 07-07-2004 at 06:23 AM.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    525MB? Yikes!!! You might want to try making some of those MOV files external movies instead, that's a lot of bits and it sounds like Flash is choking on them. Macromedia recommands SWF files be kept under or around 4MB!

My FLA file is 525 mb. The SWF file turns out to be 150mb. Still4 mb is impossible! I am trying to put my portfolio on an interactive cd-rom, i'm not trying to make a web site. Is there any way to keep Flash from choking?
    Last edited by vblevin; 07-07-2004 at 12:49 PM.