A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Actionscript issue

Actionscript issue

I have on a timeline 2 different areas where I have labels. Say the labels are "Play1" and "Play2". And I have a button and in the script it says when released go to and play "Play1" and then go to and play "Play2". The problem is though when the button is clicked you can only see "Play2" happening and so I want it to start playing "Play1" and when it is finished THEN go to "Play2".

Your problem is that you have two commands being excecuted at the same time. Flash doesn't know to do one, wait till it's finished, and then do the other. What you need to do is just have the gotoAndPlay ("Play1") on your button's actionscript and then on the very last frame of the 'play1' timeline put the code for gotoAndPlay ("Play2"). Does that make sense?

Yes I know how to do that but isn't there some way for me to say in the script for the button after playing "Play1" to go ahead and play "Play2". The reason why I am asking is because really "Play1" is really "Play1in" and "Play1out" and "Play2" is really "Play2in" and "Play2out". I am going to have several buttons about 6 and I want them to be able to do is if the playhead is at the end of "Play1in" because the "buttonPlay" button was pressed, I want say when the "buttonPlay2" (or any other button for that matter is pressed) to play "Play1out" and then go ahead and play "Play2in".

if you want i think more people would be able to help youif oyu posted the fla
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net