A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash + Javascript + IE = Runtime Error?

Flash + Javascript + IE = Runtime Error?

So I've been having this problem that's bugging the crap outta me and hopefully someone can help me. Anyway, I have this button which has the following code on it:
    Code:
    on (release){
    getURL("javascript:window.open('http://www.promethean-studios.com/photography/cs2.html','Expanded View','width=331,height=487,top='+((screen.height-331)/2)+',left='+((screen.width-487)/2));void(0);");
    }
    Now, the button works fine when I tested the movie in Safari and Firefox, but when I test it with Internet Explorer (Mac and PC versions) it does not do what it's supposed to, instead, in the Windows version it gives me a runtime error and the Mac version just sits there. I don't see what I'm doing wrong, it works in the other browsers but not IE? I'm going batty trying to solve it, any suggestions?

If you take out the space inbetween "java script" and inbetween "Expanded View" then it works.

Hey, thanks a bunch, the space in javascript happens automatically when you paste the code onto these forums for some reason, but the space in Expanded View did the trick. Thanks again.