A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: -::zXeTa Evolution::-

-::zXeTa Evolution::-

hey the flash experts, tell me wat u think about my new website...
    this one includes pages on actionscripts, panorama tutorials, some stuffs on religion, a few pseudocodes on pascal and some more stuffs...

here is the link:: http://pages.intnet.mu/yashin1
    -:zXeTa:-

The flash it is too much scholastic.
    The text is unreadable.
    In any case u are on the good road.

the text

For the menu, its the kind of style i imagined, will appear better on mouse over, and also, it will be displayed by a masked animation below.. so i don't think its completly unreadable. That was part of the plan..

I have used verdana device font for the remaining text. Its common, present in most pcs, but if you don't have it, everything will be wrong. What you mean by scholastics?

the site looks awesome!!
    The only thing I don't like is the menus... too transparent, and un-attention-catching. I think you should make them more distinct.

- emk

For some reason, the music gets stuck in the left channel after a few passes... more music selections would be a cool addition. The menu is kinda unreadable though, I agree. Looks good overall!

ok... ok..
    if you guys insist, then am gonna check the menu again, but thats how i liked it when i created it.. (it should only be half visible)

About the sound, you are right, there is a mistake on the balance.

When i started creating this website, i wanted a design never seen before. But it was difficult to construct, and needed lots of modification. i was on it since Nov 2003 u imagine!

Que paso, que paso, vamos ahi? Don Ramon's Avatar
    hey i would recommend to make a background image, in photoshop or somewhere else ...to replace that vector background made in flash....it will speed up animations a lot and make your transitions smoother.
    Drink milk!

I have ear-mites! Help! MONSTERBOY's Avatar
    it took me a long time to find the menu.

but i think this site is pretty cool and it's really original never seen nothing like a'fore.

1. The site is missing something, also sometimes the buttons don't work.
    2. You can't read anything on the site menu at all. nothing. zilch. its not 'transparent' or 'cool', it's just plain bad design.
    3. There is nothing 'never seen before' everything looks rehash to rehash to me, since 2001. Don't count on breaking any boundries.

just some advice
    Last edited by SirPent; 07-12-2004 at 08:07 PM.

I didn't know a background image will speed up the animation, will try it.. i only thought about the size of the movie, as for the menu, am gonna write an actionscript that is going to brighten the buttons only on mouse move, It will keep the design as it is then...

The menu

I changed the menu with the help of some actionscripts, now its completly visible when you move your mouse near it. So all your comments are invalid, Thanks a lot anyway. I can't find any button which are not working...

I'm not sure about the background image speeding animations though....

Won't a bitmap (if its of a high enough quality to look "nice") result in a swf thats much bigger?

- emk

U r right. I tested the movie with a plain background. It looked the same, so why would it be smoother with a background image. Yes the size would then increase dramatically.

It would just be smoother right?

It means Flash only has to focus and draw ONE object (the image) instead of ALL the different objects that have to be drawn mathematically in your background...

Yes, it will be bigger, but your site loads fast anyway (56k) and it would make it a bit more bearable...

I use bitmaps ALOT in my site... www.robbmc.com and I like to think it's pretty smooth...
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

1st and foremost, your navigation needs to stand out. I didn't know where I was going at first. Perhaps change the color or add some dimensions to the buttons.

heavy
    I'm Gulnaz from Russia

I thought about the background, perhaps i had no difference in performance bcoz my processor is fast enough.
    (If you press your right button twice on ur keyboard it will go to a plain background. I used it for testing.)

Though the website is light compared to other flash websites, i would not go further in increasing its size. Lots of people are still using dialup connection, including me!