A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can my flash site win awards?

Can my flash site win awards?

Hey friends,

I've been working diligently on my Flash homepage, and I've put in a lot of work, and I am hoping this is award worthy. I want to win Site of the Day awards or what not.

http://www.curtisyee.com/homepage

It's now about 80% done, and if you can go to the site, see what's up and offer any tips on how to make it better, please do. Tell me if I'm heading in the right direction.

Also, apart from the big website award places like Favorite Website Award, TINY, flashvista and **** stars, are there any other sites I could submit to? Any leads would be appreciated.

sincerely,
    curtis

very cool. I love the use of real things, i'm a sucker for that. I find that the grey mouseOver on your buttons takes away from the 'realness'(thereby messing with your consistancy) I'd keep 'em stock.

Great concept - sweet clouds
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Que paso, que paso, vamos ahi? Don Ramon's Avatar
    i love this site bro, its the first one i see with a style like that....heres a recommendation, use the courier new fonts for your content, it will match pretty well

also i would add an image at the top left that would look like a cutout pic, thats been clipped or taped on the paper background

go ask at the macromedia site about the requirements for getting a site of the day award
    Last edited by Don Ramon; 07-13-2004 at 01:38 PM.
    Drink milk!

It's a nice site but I doubt with the kind of sites we see winning awards (legitimate ones) these days that it'll win any. Flash sites advance so much every month, and the great trend now is in smooth layout and subtle yet complex Flash applications, you have to do something pretty hot to get an award from Macromedia and so on.

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    Originally posted by villain2
    I doubt with the kind of sites we see winning awards (legitimate ones) these days that it'll win any.
    same here

you know would be cool, just a suggestion is make the buildings look like they we're drawn on in pencil. i think that would look cool

Hey friends,

This is Curtis, thanks for being so frank in this forum about my site. I made the mistake of having hubris when I typed the post. Do any of you know of any Minor flash design awards I might be able to contest in?

Also, people in the kirupa.com forum were much more unabashed in their criticism. One person even called it amateurish, which I took offense to, because this site is so chockful of sctionscript, an amateur can not pull it off.

curtis

good
    but not win any award honestly
    I'm Gulnaz from Russia