dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how do i pull out the white space ?

how do i pull out the white space ?

i've got a jpg of a product with a perfect white background - anyone know how i can delete the white bit in flash without doing it by hand with the rubber

Not sure how you'd do it in flash without erasing it manually, but in Photoshop you can use the Magic Wand tool to select the white background, then delete it. Though it might not be a perfect cut, if the color of the product is much different than the white, and if there are no shadows around it, then you should get a nice, clean cut-out.

and if it doesnt give you a nice clean cut out (although it should) you could always use the magnetic lasso and create a path around the object, then goto select>inverse then delete the white space.

but without zooming in and getting the small details it will not look very clean.

thing is the image has already been cut out properly in photoshop but now i've got it i just copied it and dumped it into flash and the background is white - i was kinda hoping the was going to be something where i can just make the white space transparent

obviuosly not though eh...

save the file as a .png
    it will have very good quality and as long as there is no background in PS there will not be one when you import it.
    Last edited by whytefly; 07-14-2004 at 05:59 PM.