dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photoshop scripts...

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar

Photoshop scripts...

or i guess it wold be called an action.

I have a large group of photo's i have taken and they all need about the same color correcting and birghtness and contrast levels changed, is there a action of some sort i could point PS to a folder and it will open them all make the fixes and resave them all?

also since i am on the subject of actions is there a way to have a file opened set the threshhold to 1 save it, reopen the original file set the threshold to 2, and repeat all the way through the 255 levels of threshhold(a animation clip i want to make of a picture i have) but would take way to long to go through it all manually. i tried got to 50 and gave up
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

you do know about the Design and Graphics forum, right? this would probably be better suited for there.

search http://www.actionxchange.com

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

The trick is to record the action (see help inside Photoshop to learn how to record) without any open or close/save commands. Leave that up to the batcher.
    You only need an image open to record the action, after that close all documents.

Once you have an action that will perform your desired changes, goto the file menu, chooose automate, then batch.

Its best to have a folder with nothing but the images in question and a separate empty folder as the destination. Keep in mind there is a little window icon next to each step in your action that can be toggled to force the action to pause at a dialoge box and wait for input.

oh yeah, sorry gerbs.

thanks for all the info, and i do know how to record actions it is like macro's for word processing, but didn't know about the batching, thanks again.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Thanks.