A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: macromedia.com Nav bar on TOP

macromedia.com Nav bar on TOP

hi

www.macromedia.com

i like the global nav bar that macromedia.com site has on the TOP. the fading and horizontal drop-down menu effects are subtle but stylish.
    can anybody provide links to tutorials to design such a nav bar AND/or downloadable fla files that are similar to it ??

thanks.
    raj

working on it....give me a day or two.

Seth

thanks...looking forward to it

My tutorial is now availible at the following website: http://menututorial.bravehost.com

The source files aren't on there, but I can send them to you over email. Just send your email address to me at sethchristian@mailbolt.com

If anything is unclear or it isn't working out okay, please let me know.

My tutorial is only on how to add one menu button. If you can't figure out how to add multiple buttons, let me know and I'll work on it.

Seth Riedel

Banned
    Quick mouse out... And your sub text stays up!
    So this menu can easily be tripped.
    Some confusion in your tutorial also...

What is "2" in the following?
    on (rollOver) {
    gotoAndPlay ("2")
    }

Is it a frame number, if so it shouldn't have double quotes around it. You would use double quotes only with a frame label. And if it's a frame label, it's a very bad idea to use a number only label... It may confuse Flash.

yeah, 2 is the frame number. And it doesn't matter if it's in double quotes. It still works.

I didn't get what you said in the first part....but I know it isn't perfect.

Seth

hi seth

i see that you got it right. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the fact that you actually took this post as a lil project and worked on it. here's my email:
    dreamraj@aol.com
    i think i might have to work more in order to build on this and make the nav bar complete and beautiful like the macromedia site. By the way, when i move the mouse out, instead of the lower button just disappearing, can it FADE OUT just like the way it fades in? that would look cooler.

hey oldnewbie, sup.
    I guess the point you made about the frame number is something that can be changed in a sec. But it's sumn to keep in mind.

Also, guys, is the SEARCH bar thats a part of the same nav bar on macromedia.com a complex thing to include?

I'll work on the animation like you said...give me another day or two.

I sent the source file to your email address for the first menu, and I'll send the newer source file to your email when I'm done with it, as well as updating the tutorial on the site: http://menututorial.bravehost.com

Seth

I've updated the menu with the animation you wanted. The updated tutorial is on the following page: http://menututorial.bravehost.com/data/update.htm

I emailed you the source file for it also. Let me know if you have any further quesitons.

Seth

by the way...I have no idea on how to do a flash search bar...I can do an html one.

Seth

by the way (again)...I'll be working on making a more complex and nicer looking menu. I'll let you know when it comes out.

Seth

Banned
    Movie doesn't load on that page.

Banned
    You're linking to the file on your hard drive in your html.

thanks for letting me know...try it now.

Seth

Originally posted by tucker4011
    by the way (again)...I'll be working on making a more complex and nicer looking menu. I'll let you know when it comes out.

Seth
    hi seth

the new version looks nice. thanks so much.
    can't wait to see your "more complex and nicer looking menu". do remember to keep me posted.

while you work on that, i'll dig into your tutorials and see what i can do myself. i got your email. thanks again

-raj

New menu on my website

Sorry for the delay...I was working on the new menu that didn't turn out so well, but I made something similar on my new website. You can have the source files for it if you want. My site is http://sethworld.bravehost.com

-tucker-

Banned
    No delay, as MM's?

hi there !!

it looks nice...you should send me the source file at dreamraj@aol.com.
    thanks and keep up the good work..