A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rotating looks choppy

Rotating looks choppy

I have a simple box- on each side I put a picture - I put on the box 360 rotate from the default animations. The problem I am having is that the top of the box starts to get uneven as it turns - The best way to explain is if you turn off the anti aliasing to text- that is what it looks like- Any idea how to fix this- thanks

Here is a link to what I am working on
    www.imediastudios.com/box

Actually - before I put any pictures on the box it looks choppy when it rotates 360. Just so I am clear I have a box - put the animation on it and when it turns it looks horrible

thanks

I saw this over at Erain's site.

Are you rendering with 4x4 anti-alias turned on when you render raster, and are you resizing the flash movies?

I see what you're talking about though.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Hey- yea It is at 4x4 anti-alias when I render it. I did a test putting just the default square and- did the default 360 turn- then I went three frames forward and the same problem occurs -

I posted it both places because I am under the wire here to get this fixed - thanks for responding

Not sure if it is right but I found a solution that works for me- I rendered it as a bitmap instead of the swf-look 100% better