A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: the site is up

Smile

Thank you all for the support and the good hints! Now the site is up, and even if not yet unforgettable, it works at leat. The new address is:

http://www.exposedbrick.com

thank you again, and please, feel alway free to express your opinion on it. It has an incredible meaning for me.
    Thank you in advance for your kindness,

Giuseppe Sidoti

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    I like the site alot!, I only found one thing that could use changing, the portfolio page runs off the stage so some of the file is not visible. I did like the timeline alot. I thought that was the best part of the site. Regards, Bill

fhobia
    ****! This is what its all about people! Usability! Simplicity! No stupid excessive flickering! No eye distractions! Clean cut interface with immediate user recognition! Enough colors to give it vitality without causing boredom! Perfect use of type! THIS IS GOOD DESIGN...Yipes, nice job giutwo.
    Rock on with the kick-ass work!

Glad I stumbled onto this link!

-Brian

FK Bored Crew

That free dinner had better not be, you know, fish.

I'll probly get slammed for this, but I agree with phobia....I see some really cool flash sites that are total overkill. Just because someone knows how to do a lot of cool sh*t with flash doesn't mean you gotta use everything you've learned on a website. I believe this is what started that article about "flash replacing html?" and the author's perception of how many people don't like all the blinking lights, moving objects, weird transformations, music, etc. When we lose site of basic design concepts, we lose the potential client.

Remeber that *we* work with flash, day in and day out, and we get a bit desensitized to all the stuff it can do. I tried doing a flashed site for a local computer store and after days of putting together something that I thought was really cool, the client didn't like the moving text. So I took out the tween. He didn't like the picture fading in. So I removed that tween too. He didn't like the sounds, he felt it was better silent. So I removed the sounds. The point is, I had gone overboard trying to impress him and didn't need to. He ended up with a site done in flash and no tweens or sounds.

There. I've said my piece. I'll duck while everyone throws rocks at me.

Great work, giutwo!!

Senior Moderator
    One thing could you not have the links go to and play another scene cos that refreshing of the page when you click the links ruins it a little!!!Other than that nice and clean!!!

Good Job!!!

Regards Flashguru

p.s you wrote all that fishee and you didnt even tell the guy whether you like his site or not???

fhobia
    Simplicity is a powerful tool that few can harness...