A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost done

Almost done

Any feed back appreciated. If you find any font that I forgot to embed, mispellings, or any bugs in the site I would appreciate that too.
    Still have to complete the portfolio section, its about 30% done.
    Thanks for looking
    Josh

linky here

anyone? Can't be that bad can it?

I like everything except the bevel on the main links on the top. I think it kinda ruins it. Other than that I like everything. Very good work.

very nice site love the transitions!!
    keep up the good work

Yaaayy someone replied
    Im working on the beveled menu as I type. didnt like it either
    Thanks for looking
    I love your site by the way sean. Just awseome work there bro.
    Where did you get your music if you dont mind me asking?

Que paso, que paso, vamos ahi? Don Ramon's Avatar
    i really didnt mind the beveled menu that much, the site still looks 'elegante' and im really liking it so far
    Drink milk!

Its very clean. Typo on the respect page at the bottom. it say

"to respect ones work is to pay them a compliment. this is my compliment to them that are they are one of the best"

probably ment to read like this

"to respect ones work is to pay them a compliment. This is my compliment to those that have continued to inspire me and many others."

You could reword it many ways but definately needs to be fixed.

Other then that the site is clean. The animations are very smooth and flow well into each other. I espcially like the picture transitions very creative. Are they done frame by frame or tweened/as.

Nice work overall
    "Shhhhh I have insomnia and Im trying to sleep it off."

Thanks for the comment
    I'll change the repsect part. Now that I think of it, it really doesnt make since does it
    The pic transistions were made in AE then imported in as a png senquence. It could be done with AS but my brain isn't that smart

I think I've seen about 3 different versions of you webpage in the past few months - right?

I love your work. Very clean and smooth. Sometimes your pixel fonts are a little too & hard to read, but still a great site.

(your picture transitions rule!!)

Originally posted by rjbeals
    I think I've seen about 3 different versions of you webpage in the past few months - right?

I love your work. Very clean and smooth. Sometimes your pixel fonts are a little too & hard to read, but still a great site.

(your picture transitions rule!!)
    Ya, everytime I build a new one, I learn something in the process that makes want to do another one. I already want to do another one now. lol. Thanks for the comment about the pics

Well done. Super super clean, transitions are very nice, and the whole thing flows really smoothly. Great scripting - super smoooooove.

A few (very tiny!) improvements I think could be made. On the menu (top nav), I like the tabs that come up on mouseover, but I think it would be neat to have them be the BG colour of each page it links to. (did that make sense? - lol)

Also, the little AE intro thing with the logo waving -- I would speed that up a little -- it seems a little too tense with the smooth and fast movement of the rest of the site.

RH

***Updated***
    One more thing...I hate...I MEAN HATE...those fireworks looking things that show your level of knowledge of the different softwares pkgs. Ugh - no more fireworks!
    Last edited by hanratty21; 07-22-2004 at 02:16 PM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Originally posted by hanratty21
    Well done. Super super clean, transitions are very nice, and the whole thing flows really smoothly. Great scripting - super smoooooove.

A few (very tiny!) improvements I think could be made. On the menu (top nav), I like the tabs that come up on mouseover, but I think it would be neat to have them be the BG colour of each page it links to. (did that make sense? - lol)

Also, the little AE intro thing with the logo waving -- I would speed that up a little -- it seems a little too tense with the smooth and fast movement of the rest of the site.

RH

***Updated***
    One more thing...I hate...I MEAN HATE...those fireworks looking things that show your level of knowledge of the different softwares pkgs. Ugh - no more fireworks!
    Thanks hanratty
    Unfortunately I cant take credit for all the scripting. jbum here on FK helped me out tremendously. I just fine tuned it a little bit. Scripting is not my strenght. But I am getting better, slowly.
    The part where you said that the tabs should match the next color the box becomes. It does this. Or at least it should.
    See the pic I attached, is that what you are talking about? Or am I off here.
    The fireworks are not staying just so you know. I was messing around in particle illusion and just threw that on there. Just havent removed it yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sweet site..very clean and professional, good job you! I LOVE the transitions of the pics they kinda pull in fluidly. Is that after fx youre using or premiere?
    pickles

Thanks
    It was done in AE then imported into Flash as a .png senquence.

I just noticed that the BG colour is a random thing. I thought they were preset like:
    Portfolio = brown
    Guest book = Red.

It's not, so ignore what I wrote.

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

ok

forgive my ignorance.

What is AE? and where can i get it?

Adobe After Effects
    I believe they have a demo on-line

Designs for food ZeroInspiration's Avatar
    Looking pretty good but that teal color on the home tab is incredibly ugly.