A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scrolling Text Area...

Scrolling Text Area...

I still can not figure it out.

I got the code for having a link active in a scrolling text area. But I can not seem to figure out how to make it goto a frame. I've used the goto commnd and tried the get command, just not working for me. I can get it to pull up outside links, but not goto the frames I want in flash.

I am not that good with coding yet.

Thanks for the help if anyone is able.

I guess I can assume that there is not a way to do what I am asking. I've posted this twice in two different areas and no replies.

Thanks anyhow.

I think this link is what you are after. It basically shows how to invoke an action through a html href. LINK

-CB6

I will upload a sample of what I know how to do, with in the text area I am explaining what I am having trouble doing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, I edited your movie. Try clicking on your second link now. It will go to the frame I passed into the href. All it involves is the line below and a function.

Code:
    <A HREF=\"asfunction:_root.activate,15\">--Second Link--</A>

function activate(num) {
    	this.goToAndStop(num);
    }
    -CB6
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see what you changed and where the changes are. If you do not mind helping me understand some things.

This code:

function activate(num) {
    this.goToAndStop(num);
    }

You do not change this at all right? The "Function" is attached to the function is the link area below?

flash<U><A HREF=\"asfunction:_root.activate,15\">--Second Link--</A></U> and all this

Thank you for your help. I am still having a little trouble understanding some of the coding. I had done flash way back in 1991 and have not really touched it until the past year.