A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Email messages being displayed as an html page

Email messages being displayed as an html page

I'm sending an email using php, however, I was wondering how to allow the recipient to view my email as an html page.

The website requires a form to be filled out.
    The variables of the form are then emailed to the company.

I would like this email to look just like the web form so they can just print it out and send it over to the production department.

They're host is very limited and I cannot use cgi or any other method of dynamically creating the page. It must be emailed.

Please help.

Hi,

you will probably see the suggestion to dd a content-type of text/html to your mail script. If you are lucky, it will work, and the recipients will get a html message this way. If you are less lucky, the mail will be trapped by their spam filter.

The best way would be to send a standard text+html mail. To see what this is, just send yourself mail with outlook (choose text+html) and then save the received message as a text file (will be .eml) and view it in notepad. You should duplicte the structure of mime parts

BTW: when computers came to our offices, there was the big promise of a paperless office - now you plan printing html pages

Musicman

This is a case where "the customer is always right."

Originally, I wanted to use php to create an "online receipt" that they can view when an order came in. They cannot and will not support php on their hosting server, so they came up with the idea of emailing the form.

These are not sophisticated people and absolutely refuse to change hosts. I am now forced to use primitive methods to solve this problem.

Thanks for the help

2cts

Hi!

you might wanna check out the html Mime email class found here
    http://www.phpguru.org/static/mime.mail.html
    it helped me out when i was trying to figure out how to send html mail.

g'luck!
    Be careful of the words you say,
    keep them soft and sweet
    You never know, from day to day
    Which ones you'll have to eat