A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Registration

Registration

Hai everybody

I've been on vacation for a few weeks and was wondering if there has been a change in the registration part. Is it still possible to register for using the software on another pc?
    I use insane at my work and at home. But a request for a number has not been answered so far. It's only a few weeks ago but is there a solution for the future ? I have a number for my home pc but what if that pc crashes. Who's gonna give me a number then ?

Is there somebody with a solution for that problem ?

greetings Rob

That's what I was wondering too! If support for 3DFA ends, then what if I need another registration number because I change my pc? Who's gonna send me?
    I think that Insane people would act righteously, when they decide that they don't want to support any longer the product, if they send to their customers the key generator software.
    What do you think?

Key code presents a liability

Like a vending machine that continues to accept your money even though there is no product, 3DF accepts money but does not provide a disclaimer that the product life cycle has ended and there is no longer support. If you want to purchase it, go ahead but there should be a warning.

If you purchase any product and then find that the product fails to meet certain expectations, you may be entitled to a refund. If you have made your purchase with a credit card, you can return the product. If the merchant is not complying with basic consumer guidelines, the credit card vendor will remove the merchant from their merchant program.

3DF keycode system needs re-assign a new keycode to rightful owners. When a user need to change hard drives, the user will need to re-purchase 3DF again.

I've already purchased a copy of 3DFA. Now I'm going to buy a new computer so I will ask for a new number and if they don't send it to me I think I will sue Insane. Eventually people who has the same need could join for a common cause.

Hey Kersey,

I had to rebuild my system from the ground up and had no trouble obtaining a new registration key for my copy of 3DFA. The new key did take a week for it to arrive but it did come.

So first try getting that second registration key you need before jumping the gun eh!
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

If new keycode was recently given to you, then there are some interesting conclusions.

1) Re-issued keycodes are usually manually assigned because validation is needed,

2) Therefore there must some kind of management.

3) It is must likely someone operating on behalf of 3DF.

4) It is unusual for distributors to generate keycodes.

5) 3DF may still be in violation. When a customer purchases software they have accepted "As Is," clause but the underlying expectation is that "As Is" is a condition at the state of the purchase. That is, the implication is that a product a vendor or manufacturer supplies is expected to work "for the intended purpose." This requires the manufacturer to make timely bug fixes and provide support within a reasonable time.

If you can not obtain an official communication from who you purchased the item (not limited to just software) you may be entitled to a complete refund if you are within your 30 days of purchase. You may be entitled to other rights depending on the state the transaction was made.

Receiving a keycode may not be enough to be in compliance with state and federal law. Master Card, Visa and American Express would refund you purchase if you can prove that the vendor can not be contacted to resolve problems.

If you are outside of your 30 days and prove that the vendor will not respond nor does not give the needed support stated on the website or implied within the licensing agreement, you may still receive a refund.

It is an unwritten policy that bug fixes and support are expected services granted to the license holder from the manufacturer.

Well its illegal

You can find key generators on the net not telling u to but alotof people do it
    Kill them the hard,Kill them fast!