dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ive got a small problem

ive got a small problem

when i run my swf over the net it works great but when i publish as flash projector it doesnt work.

heres the problem

my site opens a pop up. this is so i can get around resolution differences i thought a pop up with my site in was a good idea . i have to say i liek it like this.
    problem..running the projector file the pop up wont load. im using this script to open the popup

on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:NewWindow=window.open(my site address or swf','myWindow','width=1024,height=600,left=001,to p=001,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,status= No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);");
    }

any helpeternally gratefull

what about this idea

would i have to point it to the html file and have some script in that.

or is there a more obvoius reason why it isnt working

jproweb

i have found jproweb . the evaluation doesnt seem to work. is there any other way to do this. northcode do you have an app that does this.
    Last edited by ogri; 07-24-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar
    I have an app that will let you launch different projectors based on the users screen resolution. It's called Launcher it's FREE and you can read all about it in this thread...

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hcode+launcher

If you still want to use a popup in a browser, then just put the javascript you're using in an HTML page and call it with getURL from there instead of trying to execute it directly.

im having problems now

when i direct the on (release) get url script to http://my ip/index.html

it said error 404 page nopt found and yet it works fine if i go in from the browser and not the projector

use this...

on (release)
    {
    getURL("popup.html");
    }

and put your javascript in the onBlur or onLoad (or whatever it is) on the BODY tag in popup.html so it runs as soon as poup.html is opened.

ok that doesnt seem to want to work either

ive tried all the above methods and none seem to allow the pop up to open when its a projector. maybe im doing something wrong i donbt know. need a break from this probably.

im sorry maybe im just a bit dumb at the moment but could you explain what to do in a little more detail.

sorry to take up too much of your time. its no doubt as precious as mine

i think i might try launcher

launcher seems like a good idea its more pro than a popup anyway.

cheers for the advice its valued

ok this si how i need it to go

i make my main site into a projector.exe when activated this .exe has a login page which when a pin has been input and login button prressed the user is taken to a secure server on the net where the site navigation pages are kept. my friends said the page was either too big or too little so i needed something to fix this issueso i decided the sit ein a pop up 1024x768 would suffice.

when i run the site on my server it all goes smoothly. when i make the projector and try ti that way it fails at the pop up section just after logging in.

what do you recommend. as i say i value your opinion. im looking at launcher now to see how i can fit it in.

launcher

im thinking launcher is for a projector file . ive trie dit and its works exactly as yousay it does. just not with an swf file

so back to the drawing board.

one solution

ok ive used geturl dirct to my ip address from within the projector.. it works in so much that the projector opens my page in IE. not a pop up.

this is how it was at the beginning.

so ive still got the problem of resolution on different mnachines.

It's true that the launcher utility runs an EXE file, but that EXE file doesn't have to be a projector. If you use something like my proxy utility you can open BAT files which opens up a lot more possibilities. From a BAT file you can open HTML files, more EXE files or whatever you like. The launcher is then just a tool to help you figure out the resolution and what you want to do at each resolution. You don't even have to use your projector as the main file, you can use the launcher and have it launch the correct projector for the screen resolution.

hmmmmmmm

its getting complicated. i dont know if i like complicated.

so are you saying i can use launcher to activate a combination of bat files which open my 1024x768.swf/800x600.swf etc respectivly.

this isnt that complicated.

Nobody likes complicated, that's why I have a job Let's back up for a second though... I thought you were trying to build a completely offline solution. None of my utilities will help if you're trying to do web stuff. Can you explain exactly what you're trying to do? Are you trying to launch new SWF files in a popup window or are you displaying HTML from the web in the popup?

right ok

firstly i use a couple of your utilities to run my projector which runs a splash screen then installs my login.exe to the clients desktop. then, they run this anbd get my login page up full screen. there is a number to call to get a pin code.then, when they have called the number they get a pin and enter it into the login box. upon pressing the login button it takes them onto the web where they enter the main site navigation page which is web based.not a projector.exe.

when they press login the login part of it shuts down and the javapopup is 1024x600. this is a web site as i say.

my problem was people complained that the size of the site was too big or too little so i thought a popup would cover all bases by taking it out of the browser.

jproweb say they can give me the ability to use a pop up. im yet to get jproweb working.

hehehe

well complicated.

jproweb creates a jproweb.exe which you can rename and an ini file. this must go into an fscommand folder. ive heard all this before.

so what im thinking is. i have to have my cd with mysplashscreenprojector.exe and my .ini file and runfile.exe and a fscommand folder which contains myloginprojector.exe with proxy, 2desktop and a bat file.

now ive got another .ini file and an jproweb.exe file and this has to go into a fscommand folder too.

ok the first paragraph runs the cd and installs the myloginprojector.exe to the desktop. when run it opens the login page. when login is clicked im supposed to run the jproweb.ini file

where do i put that.

confused.

ok i think ive solved the problem with a little piece of html

ok i added

<div align="center">

to the html it workjs nicely.

seems to have solved the problem

for me anyway.

thankyou northcode

im using launcher from the cd for the splash screens and then im using it again in the fscommand folder to choose which .exe to install to desktop using 2desktop.

works great. was a little complicated but easy once you do it a few times. my pop up ive decided to not use instead i added some script to my html file.
    Last edited by ogri; 07-29-2004 at 10:13 AM.