A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: combo box variable

combo box variable

Hello and thank you for your time. My question involves the combo box component in Flash MX. I have created a very simple form which include two input text boxes, one combo box, and a submit button. This information is sent to a server where the info is processed by a PHP script, with the results being emailed to me. The two text boxes have variable names of "name" and "email", so the email that I get displays them as:

Name: whatever name they provide
    Email: whatever email they provide

I would also like to include below that the choice that they make out of the combo box, but to do that I must provide a variable name to the box to get the script to process it. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to do this. I can take care of the PHP side of the project, but I need a way of identifying the choice from the combo box. Thanks in advance!
    Regards, Mark A. Husband-Wood

Create a combo box and give it a name such as myComboBox (imaginative huh?)
    Define the Labels (ie what the user sees in the list)
    Define the data Values (ie what is stored against that label item)
    Define a function for the change handler to retrieve the value of the clicked item.

This sounds a lot more complicated than it is... Look at the example and it should be clear. Click on the combobox to see the component parameters where I have done all of the above. Click on frame one to view the Actionscript that traces out the value.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Select * From CLEVER_SIGNATURES