A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Font disappearing in Flash MX Pro.

Font disappearing in Flash MX Pro.

I am using a font called syndie in a lot of my Flash movies right now. I've run into the problem that it disappears on me. It gives me the following error when publishing the movie:
    Some characters could not be converted to outlines because an appropriate outline font is not available. These characters will disappear in the Flash Movie file. The characters that failed will look jagged if you choose Antialias Text in the view menu.
    I installed 7.2 and that didn't fix it. After that I restored my computer to a few days earlier when I know it worked. It worked fine until last night, but then when I hopped into Flash again it gave me the same error. I just restored my computer again and it works, but I really need a long term fix to the problem. I don't want to have to keep restoring the computer to get this font to work. Any suggestions anyone?
    For all of you who don't know, use (AS) and (/AS) in your post and put your actionscript in them, it makes it easier to read. (replace ( and ) with square brackets)

Does nobody know how to fix this?
    For all of you who don't know, use (AS) and (/AS) in your post and put your actionscript in them, it makes it easier to read. (replace ( and ) with square brackets)

A few starter questions.

mac or win?

What type of font is it (ttf etc)

Is the text dynamic or static.

If your text is static there is an old tried but true method.

Create a bitmap of your text content.(gif/jpg/png)
    Then import the content as an image.

Sorry can't help more at this point.

Frets

windows, static, type: ?.