A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ad items to e-mail in digital catalogue

Ad items to e-mail in digital catalogue

Hello everyone!

I am creating a digital presentation on CD with a full product catalogue on it. Everything has been created in one scene (for specific reasons).

The idea is as follows: There are different types of products with their relevant pictures e.g. Calculators, Clocks, Candles etc. Each category is placed in a movie clip with a set of buttons viewing the thumbnail in a bigger format.

I need to be able to do the following: if a browser goes through the products, I would like them to be able to tick an option where they can add the item to a "shopping basket". Each item has a unique product code and they are available in different colours. When they have selected what they want, this "order form" with all the data captured can be e-mailed to me.

There is a lot of info on this for online ordering, but how on earth do I do all this in an exe format? BIG PLEASE,I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!

Thanks!

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Use a shared object as the cart and store the users selections there. When they submit their order, send the data you've collected to a secure online form where they can complete the transaction.

Thanks Northcode!

Im still worried about a few little things, but I will play around with that tutorial.