A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photography site

Amateur Photographer FLASHMXer

Photography site

I`m planning to make a photography site for me and a friend. It will contain galleries of pictures, but, as we are shooting more I`m not willing on re-writing the whole website for some pictures. Consider I have three albums, that is, 3 folders. Each one should contain a number of pictures and it`s description. Consider their names like "Monastery" "Landscape" "Portrait" - fictive names, of course. Photos should be displayed one by one [as they load of course, swf in swf] and with a little info that will be loaded from it`s file. I`m thinking of writing each photo`s name like photo0001.jpg photo0001.txt or, to prevent download accelerators or so, photoabcd0001.jpg photobcde0002.jpg or so on, letters that should be added after some kind of algorithm...
    My questions are:

should I use loading from jp(e)g`s or from swf?
    should there be a collection of thumbnails, when opening an album? I mean, what would you like most?
    should there be somekind of algorithm to prevent mass-downloading, or would you preffer looking at pictures in your computer? (I mean, you`re not on DIAL-UP as me ). The site should be graphically attractive enough to keep the user looking at it?
    can flash files (.swf) be downloaded and run from a local computer?
    how do I protect against that?
    how do I load an external jp(e)g?
    how can I read from a textfile?
    suggestions for making dynamic albums?

oh, almost forgot: FLASH ONLY! no PHP or any other script!

THX,
    RICHARD

Amateur Photographer FLASHMXer
    ok let`s make a resumee
    how do i read all files on a remote server?
    i was thinking of using a file that contains a list of all photos published...
    please help! suggestions, anything! this is the first IMPORTANT site in my FLASHctivity