Lately here in the Tulsa area there have been a number of shows locally produced by independent groups/people, personally funded by buying paid advertising time, and then sub-letting(for lack of a better word) advertisements within the show...........

For instance, take the hair club for men for example, this is a paid advertisement. They pay like $1000 for a dead spot sometime during the middle of of the night. Well instead of the hair club for men, or ronch-o-matic whatevers. These folks are buying the time producing a show, and then selling advertising like it was a regular show. Believe it or not, there is a GREAT possibilty for a profit from doing this. TMX(Tulsa Music Exposed), for the last 3 weeks has been the top rated show in its time slot(beating out the cosby show, and much more).

The first one was called Beef Baloney, and had the unfortunate luck of being labeled "paid advertising" in the TV guide, since then none of them have been labled as such, and have faired much better.

There have have been at least 4 of these that I know of this year alone, I've personally done animation for 2 of them. A new one just came out last week, utilizing the early moorning advertising space(7 am), I am assuming this is cheaper slot...................

Just wondering if you guys are seeing anything similiar to this in your area? Or, is this something localized around Tulsa? I know folks in OKC(OKlahoma City), that have no clue what I'm talking about when I describe the concept, and I also remember the guys from Beef Baloney doing a seminar showing how they got their show out, and made a profit from it.

Thoughts, feedback....................

-J