A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Interactive Media

New Interactive Media

Hey everyone,

I've just finished developing an html portfolio of my current site, and I'm about to modify all of my graphics and transitions on the flash version. All I'm really lookin for is a little inspiration of what I could possibly add or change on my current site to make it better, and if the html / flash sites work well together. The main purpose of the html site was for SEO. I appreciate any comments, and will take them into consideration when working on the site.

http://www.newinteractivemedia.com/
    http://www.newinteractivemedia.com

I think that your HTML site looks great. Very clean. Takes a little time to load but thats about it. The black border around the edge of the page I think is a little thick try something a little thinner. That is the only constructive thing I have to say. Other then that site looks excellent. The flash site is awsome. I wish I could do s*** like that.

Good work as always NIM.
    "Shhhhh I have insomnia and Im trying to sleep it off."

I like the look nice and clean only thing bothering me is the empty box on on the header and the FONT for the name N.I.M in relation to the other fonts. Try using TimesNewRoman for the paragraphs,i love the bottom right little logos with the soft dropshadows try incorporating that into the subsections. Other than that I can see you have a wide variety of styles and thats a good thing.
    Marvin
    ps. Also the Red in the menu's is what throws it off a bit.

I think it looks 'ok'...Ive see the template that you used for this site on templatemonster. I love the templates on there and dont see anything wrong with folks using them. Your folio section is pretty sparse tho, I dont see anything in it that looks impressive, pretty basic stuff.
    pickles

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

I'll work on the fonts, and try to add a little more to it. Clews, yes, you've probably seen a few thousand sites like this...I just wanted the basic corporate look on this one, I save the creative layouts for my flash presentations. I'm not sure why you mentioned template monster though, cause they rip just about every site on the web... lol! I hand coded this entire site, it was more of a learning experience for me, using only css and div's to format the entire site, took me a week to code it. I'm changing the sound on my flash site and some of the graphics later tonight. I'll keep you guys updated.
    Last edited by N.I.M.; 08-05-2004 at 04:00 PM.

theres that infamous word again guys 'rip off'...lol

If the folks that design those templates for template monster are 'ripping off' other sites out there, then who are those sites 'ripping off'...?? It goes on and on I think its impossible to find the definitive source to the 'originals' out there. I just think that designers are inspired by other designers and that in my mind is very healthy They are not so much 'ripping off' they are just living up to a progressive trend in design. I do not feel that i insulted you at all! I was just saying that I recognised your site from template monster and yes...they have very cool templates. If one doesnt have time to design their site...for example..they may be waay too busy freelancing then Its okay to go there and grab a template for 65 bucks...its a quick fix right?
    pickles

yeah clews,

I hear what your sayin, we're all inspired by other works out there... I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that i did design and code this site. I wasn't insulted, lol, i actually edited that post while you were replying to me, damn your fast. Anyhow, I gotta get back to work. ttyl.

Flash Site

I just finished doing some work on the header image, and added some borders around the main interface and a little decal on the bottom... I've also changed the music to something a little more peaceful. Let me know whatch ya think. I'm also procrastinating on adding an AE effect to bring in the site, not sure yet because of the file size.