A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Zelda Game Sample

Quite nicely done so far, good graphics, quite good hitTesting, works pretty well good work mate, keep it up

hey shiare,

well i was thinking about that but my girlfriend really likes alice in wonderland, so im gonna base it all around wonderland and all the wonderland characters..

although a game starring zelda as the main character would be pretty cool.. or a zelda remake like yours you could add a mini quest in where you use zelda instead of link then after the quest you go back to using link..

sorry i get a little carried away with rpg games and start to rant..
    i'll stop talking now

Ben.

Professional quality freelance work done by Varstudios
    Visit us here http://www.varstudios.com/services

thanks phlook

Professional quality freelance work done by Varstudios
    Visit us here http://www.varstudios.com/services

Yeah all I can say is none of this is really yours, you have gotten most of your sprites from the perosn who made the zelda rpg, and I have seen sites with some of the link sprites you used but no credit is given to anyone to my knowledge, dont steal other peoples work, at least give them credit and say, I have done 1 thing everything else is ... work
    [credit is only given to the person who actully made the game]

As long as you are going to change everything, i will stop caring.
    sorry for sounding mean.
    I have a zelda script you can use that I actully made myself with link using sword, bombs, boomerang, arrows, and a pause screen -- easy to understand I think
    Last edited by crowebird; 08-06-2004 at 04:14 PM.

hey crowebird i agree with you i am using alot of other peoples work and integrating them but i am not stealing it... it was all opensource andopensource is what we believe to be used by everyone modified so it will be better... i hope somebody understands this...

if u may; i can integrate your script into mine also... it would make making the game probably faster... thanks

but really i do understand why ur being mean but i just felt like doing this
    even though it is a bit copying the sprites i got were all through looking for em on google..
    when i found a spritesheet i had to use Fireworks to cut each and every sprite out so it was not easy... basically im doing alot of work into the game (man i give myself too much credit)
    but if it wasn't for ZGOTeddy's Scripts and engine i would not have done anything so far...

but my plan was to make a longer and funner game that's all

oh yeah forgot to say i have given credit to ZGOTeddy and i will give credit to th sites where i get my sprites...
    also the game isn't even completed until then credits aren't needed.... so dun worry it will be done
    i attend to have the credits on the title screen
    but i also attend to create a engine for myself so don't u dare say more than u have already...
    but thanx for mentioning it anyway it is not nice to steal other peoples work
    but it is if its open-source and u give em credit
    i will give credit to ZGOTeddy even though i won't be usin ghis engine soon
    ; because i used it to help me put things together and anyone that gave me a sample of their game that i have used or gained knowledge will also be creditted

open source doesn't mean you can take it, and then close source it (like you did), and then say "hey, I made a zelda game with someone else's zelda engine". I seriously doubt that you will get far by using other people's code. There is only so much you can do that way.

A more effective use of time would be staring at how moxie, or tonypa wrote their tile engine tutorials. Then just sitting there, and thinking very critically how yours should run. ( <- Important!) Creating a snes zelda clone for your first time is not very wise.

I myself started with a decidedly simple course called "Intro to Flash 5". I still struggle :P So be aware that using another engine won't teach you alot. (Nor will it impress people that much.)

Actually if u read i was gonna create my own engine its in the process i just used ZGOTeddy's as a sample so everybody could see what i was going to do..
    my engine will be done soon..
    plus ZGOTeddy's engine is kinda too big in the file size and unorganized...
    no offense..

I am making my own engine for the game!

Lemme get settled down first...

The game is getting better even though i have useed his engine...

also i plan on mkaing it open source...
    I just wanna finish the game first...

open source doesn't mean you can take it, and then close source it (like you did), and then say "hey, I made a zelda game with someone else's zelda engine".
    How did i close source it when i haven't even finished....
    and if you haven't noticed me say this for the trillionth time i am making my engine
    making my engine and it will be great..
    it already looks great to me...
    if anyone wants the engine i'll post it up in a week or three cause i'll be on vacation and when i'm back it'll be totally finished (i mean the engine)

Thanx for trying to understand!

almost forgot i never meant to impress anyone...
    i have learned alot from ZGOTeddy's engine
    and creating an snes clone ? it isn't an snes clone
    and i am beginneng to wonder RaidenMagnus.... did u read anyof my other posts?...dont tell me...

Thanx anyways...(always cheerful)

New engine will be up as soon as I finish it..and I certainly don't mind if u use it to make your own game it is open source.. anything you wanna do with it (when i post it) you can certainly do..

FK's Resident ...... Resident flashMasterHand's Avatar
    Hey all.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but I felt the need to chip in on this one. (also, I don't know if the status of this has changed at all, I am just going by the thread)

I don't get why everyone is getting so mad at Shiare about this. He used an opensource engine (opensource=can be used without permission) and assembled all the graphics (I know, he didn't make them, but he put some effort in to assemble all of it). But most of all, has been saying that he will create his own engine. He obviously seems to have some amount of a handle over it, as he was able to add the rupees, random bush item's etc.....

I have worked with tonypa's tilebased engines before, and I don't reinvent the wheel. I keep an empty fla of his engine for a starting kit. But that doesn't mean I am stealing his engine. I am sure that almost all of us that have used tilebased engines have copyied the code from somewhere.

Sorry about this, but it kinda makes me mad to see a guy getting flamed when he didn't deserve it. Not to say no one deserves to get flamed......

Thanks
    Dave
    Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.