dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash hangs when I try to publish... AS problem?

Flash hangs when I try to publish... AS problem?

I've been working on my ActionScript in a movie, and after some further additions I can't get the movie to publish. Everytime I attempt, Flash just freezes.

Is it possible for my (possibly bad) AS2 to cause this? I ask because I want to know where to start my troubleshooting... i.e., should I look at my code, or do I have some other problem?

I had recently converted an AS1 script to AS2 and run into the same problem. For me Flash adventually said that the script was causing my cpu to run slowly and could affect other programs and asked me if I wanted to stop the script...most likely an endless loop.

I checked my code and found a lower case letter where there should have been an upper case letter. AS2 is case sensitive with ver 7.

Try publishing out in AS2 ver 6, if it works with that then it might be case sensitivity.

Just a thought.

_t
    I don't feel tardy.

- Run through your script very carefully and manually work out the output of the AS.

- Use the debugger. It actually helps.

- Hangs may be caused by infinite loops. They are sometimes difficult to find.
    Assume everyone to be a SoB unless you can prove otherwise!

Thanks! That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I've got it publishing now... and now I can see other problems that need solving. doh!