A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: accessing directx from flash ?

accessing directx from flash ?

Hi
    I have a sound card with 4.1 surround outputs and i was wondering if it's possible to send different sounds to each output from Flash.

I know that the DirectX DirectSound module thing has the possibility of scripting sound output to different speakers - but can directx be accessed from flash with a 3rd party app ? - i read that swfkit can access the Windows media control interface (MCI) - but i really don't know how all that stuff fits together.

has anyone ever tried to do this - say, for 3d games or whatever ?

Hi, with Flash Studio PRO v2 you can access DirectX resolutions with the build in Commands. However, if you're able to get your hands on a 3rd party DLL which can control DirectX audio, you can also use the DLL functionality of Flash Studio PRO v2 to connect to it and control the Audio.

One DLL which is an excellent Audio resource is called BASS and can be found at http://www.un4seen.com (and it should be compatible with FSPv2! too! )

I hope this helps!

hi

I had a look at Bass and it looks very promising

BUT .... I think I'm going to need some serious help with the communication chain: FlashMovie->FSP->BassDLL->[directX ?]->soundCard

are there people on the MDM forum who can help me with this? I'm a serious newb when it comes the hardware side of things

thanks

Sure, by all means feel free to post at mdmforum.com and I'm sure one of our moderators/users will be happy to help!

It would help if you're able to find the exact funtion in the BASS dll that you need and also read through the "Extension Creation" tutorial which can be found here: http://www.multidmedia.com/support/l..._tut_intro.htm

ok i will do - thanks - see you over there