A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with imported swf that was exported with Illustrator

still learnin'

Problems with imported swf that was exported with Illustrator

I have this swf which was created in Illustrator and then exported as a SWF file.

The problem is that while the exported SWF looks just dandy, it get screwed up when its imported into a FLA, it looks like this when its on the stage

And the SWF that's published from the FLA that I mentioned before looks like this

What's going on here?!? The reason I need to import it into the FLA is due to some data that needs to be superimposed on it for printing....

Rich Media Developer
    Full Time Poser
    Really Complex and Pretentious Acronym for Higher Learnin' (MBA, WTF, OMG, PHD)
    www.unconsciouscollektiv.com

I've had similar problems.

Any clipping masks, fonts that are not in full pixels sizes, and gradient meshes. Also very small objects like pinhead size.All seem to cause problems.

Here is a quote from the Illustrator 9.0 manual.

"• Transparency effects such as blending modes and opacity masks are not exported into the Flash format. If you wish to maintain the appearance of a transparency effect, flatten the transparency of the art before exporting to Flash. See "Setting transparency preferences" on page 221.
    • Gradient meshes and gradients with more than eight stops are rasterized and will appear as bitmap-filled shapes. Gradients with fewer than eight stops are exported as gradients."

The first thing that I do when I import
    to Flash is open the library, and if any symbols are there I know there are problems with the Illustrator image.

Hope this helps.