A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scrolling interface

scrolling interface

hey there.

I nabbed a scrolling interface FLA from Flashkit. the kind that scrolls faster left and right as your move the curtsor to the edge of the screen.

My problem is that since this is done by duplicating one movie clip over an dover, it limits my design:

I am making a timeline with dates ie "1990 91 92 93 94 1995" and would like to be able to customize the size of the text as well as add extra graphics (like notches to show certain elements are active options) to the dates that have rollover effects (only certain dates are workign buttons).

I am limited by the template i have. can anyone direct me to a better resource or give me some pointers or advice? I am a designer with some modest programming skill.

thanks!

Spin

Make your movie clip as long as you need it to be and adjust your code to suit. If you hack the one you have you will see where you need to change the code to accomodate x dimensions. I assume it's a hotizontal scroll like motowns

I think you can find more scroll clips in the library that do not loop. They just go to one end and then back

can anyone direct me to a tutorial to teach me how to do this? i am looking to make 1 movie clip work as a spinning dial in the radio. so when it reaches the left end it starts again with the right and vice versa.
    Like This:

this outer box is a mask that represents the
    View window of one of those old radios
            &n bsp;     -------------------
            &n bsp;     |  &nb sp;       &nbsp ;        & nbsp;    |
    -------------------------------------------
    | 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 1100 1200| < this inner box is
    |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;& nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;| ^(frequency)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|& nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp ;| the dial. (it spins)
    -------------------------------------------
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp ;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;& nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-------------------

so i want the dial (a movie clip) to appear as if it's always spinning (when it goes left of 400 it's back at 1200 and when right of 1200 it goes back to 400)

any help at all would be greatly appreciated. it need not be directly related to building radios but it would be really good if it made movie clips do an infinite loop like that

-thanks

Hi there,

Could you tell me where I can find the original flash tutorial? I've been searching for this for ages!!!

Thanks in advance,
    Stephen.