2 16.67%
  • Average

7 58.33%
  • Sucks

2 16.67%

Thread: Final Site Check

Final Site Check

Howdy,
    Check out this site and tell me what you think. Thanks for your help.

Division Street Design

mperla
    Computers Hate Me!!!!
    Rock the Vote!!!!

hmmmm...not impressed at all, sorry. Total lack of typographic skills and over design. Looks like you rushed it.
    pickles

clews30,
    Could you please tell me where you think this site is lacking. Please explain what parts show lack of "typographic skills and over design" so that I can change them for the better. I really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    mperla
    Computers Hate Me!!!!
    Rock the Vote!!!!

Hmm.... Clever title.....
    IMHO the bottom left and right corners should be the same color gray as the background, some of the images look like they were compressed too much and lost quality, the navigation buttons dropping from the top with the sound effects lasted a little too long and was a bit too much, something seems just a little off about the flashing words on the services page (but just a little), and I personally would have done away with the top margin, between the movie and the top of the browser, or maybe centered it vertically (if it looks good like that).

. <<grain of salt, please take it with my critique

u got some problems with the nav buttons on ur site.

overall.. im not impressed at all, especially because u guys are professionals.

i think MY site is better than that, so far ( http://www.aodesign.tk ), and im only 14 years old and i dont get paid.

however, on the flip side, i really like the b&w photographs... are they original?

cpt - as you stated your opinion, i am stating mine.....

granted yes, mperla has some design problems that need to be fixed but that is why he/she and ALL of us come here, to receive advice and to learn for the better. Regardless of age, I'm 23, and yes your only 14, we ALL have done bad design at least once in our life. Not all of us here are professionals, like you stated, I know I'm not but I hope to be, thats why most of us are here, to get to that point. So yeah, we do bad typography, etc, but thats the whole point, learn from your mistakes. You can't get better unless you know where you went wrong originally. Now, I'm not arguing with you, so please don't come back at me all mad, just stating my opinion like yours.

Originally posted by cpt-anarchy
    u got some problems with the nav buttons on ur site.

overall.. im not impressed at all, especially because u guys are professionals.

i think MY site is better than that, so far ( http://www.aodesign.tk ), and im only 14 years old and i dont get paid.

however, on the flip side, i really like the b&w photographs... are they original?
    actually, i think his site is far superior since, at a minimum, it tries to coordinate color and concept. yours simply takes disparate ideas and lumps them into a slow-loading hodgepodge of movie clips you downloaded from flashkit.

lastly, this is a small community. especially to the extent that you are brazen enough to identify your full name on your work, i would watch your mouth. granted, you're just an immature kid that clearly just discovered flash, we do remember.

and, yes, this is just a hobby for myself as well.

I've checked out the site, and I think the rollover effects for the menu bars and the transitions are lacking. There's not even like the simple alpha fading between pages, or masks. While The design is alright, black and white streetscapes are nice, I just don't think you've used flash to its potentials in terms of animation and transitions.

Thank you all for posting your opinions. Size versus quality is always an issue with images. However I have always seen images take the hit for smaller file sizes and faster loading times, not the other way around. I believe the images in question are in the portfolio sections. The black and white images on the right are original and have a filter applied to them.

Thanks so much for your responses.

mperla
    Computers Hate Me!!!!
    Rock the Vote!!!!

Originally posted by youngjediknight
    yours simply takes disparate ideas and lumps them into a slow-loading hodgepodge of movie clips you downloaded from flashkit.
    actually, i didnt download ANY movieclips from flash, I did EVERYTHING by myselft [but i didnt actually draw the icons in the buttons].

Originally posted by youngjediknight granted, you're just an immature kid that clearly just discovered flash, we do remember.

and, yes, this is just a hobby for myself as well. [/B]
    I've been using flash since the days of flash 4.

just cuz my site looks good doesnt mean i copied it from anyone. i've worked so hard on it for 2 months.