dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Site Check: studiodimensions.com/prototype (WIP)

Market Monkey

Site Check: studiodimensions.com/prototype (WIP)

I am working on a new site for my design studio because I wanted something easier to update, and a little cleaner than my previous site. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.

It it very much a work in progress. I still have to write descriptions for some of the projects and I haven't done anything in the "info" sectiion yet. Regarless, I would appreciate your comments.

http://www.studiodimensions.com/prototype
    Nothing happens until someone sells something.

I love it. Very clean & easy on the eyes.

The fonts for the buttons on the bottom left are way too small and illegible.. apart from tat its really good ~
    Cheers !
    BOB

Market Monkey
    incognitos, thanks for the comment, but I'm not sure which buttons you are referring to. Can you be more specific? As far as I am aware, I dont have any buttons on the bottom-left of the site.

in the work and info sections, the links to the images and stuff.. r too illegible.. ill post another one to clarify if u need it!
    Cheers !
    BOB

Market Monkey

i get it

thanks for pointing that out, incognitos. I had neglected to embed the font for the menu items so it was showing up a whole lot different than I had intended. It should look a lot better now.

wow. im all for brevity and this is a very nice, clean site. the loadBars are a cool, simple concept. under the WORKS section, i might flash those boxes at the bottom or add some small animation to them since it took a second or two to realize they were there. the info section is work in progress, im assuming, since the buttons dont do anything.

Market Monkey
    Thanks for the comments, youngjediknight. Yes, the info section was a work in progress, but now I have it pretty much finished. I also made some slight changes to the typography and altered some of the text colors to increase or decrease contrast.

Any final comments you guys have would be much appreciated.

Images

You know the images of the sites in the WORK section.. u should hav those link to the actual sites! tat would be even better.. apart from tat ur site looks good (its clean and simple) and uve greatly improved the font which i think is great .. so try the image link (just if u wanna) Good LUck -
    Cheers !
    BOB

Designs for food ZeroInspiration's Avatar
    There is one transition and alot of preloaders Im not sure why you made this a flash site at all... Over all it looks very good its clean, simple, too the point, and most of all very professional but I am so puzzled as to why you used flash, it makes no sence .
    When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

Market Monkey
    Thats a valid point, ZeroInspiration. And fortunately I do have a pretty good reason. Built this way, the site is a lot easier to update then if I had a ton of HTML pages. I probably will add in more transitions as well, but ease of upkeep is the primary reason for building it in Flash.