dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: site check

site check

Any suggestions? Comments? This is my business website, I had to remake it, because i lost the SWI file when redoing my Harddrive. opps. I like this site better anyways

Link Here

Thanks. Michael

Hmm.... Clever title.....
    Maybe add your full address to the contact page, or at least something that says you're in Arizona, I missed that when I scanned the homepage the first time. It's a nice looking site though, the music sounds nice, but sounds a little choppy at the loop point.

Too bad you're not in VA, I need a new windshield.

very nice. and it looks real easy to update / modify which is key. maybe make the transitions a little more quicker?

Thanks for the feedback. The transitions do need some speeding up, Thanks i will work on that. I also added the Address in the contact page, then realized i had a locations page, DOH. anyways. Thanks again for the feedback. Im going to stick with this design.

Michael

great site but the fonts were blurry on my screen. you may want to use a pixel font (www.fontsforflash.com) have GREAT fonts plus it will make the design stronger.

screen res 1152 x 768

Tracy =)
    Last edited by Tracy981; 08-10-2004 at 05:28 PM.

wow what a difference. Thanks for that advice. I change all the text to pixel fonts from that link you posted, i grabed the free font set fff harmony. That did the trick ! much clearer text now. Thanks for the tip!!
    Michael

I like it! The only things I would change would be th transition speed. Its a little slow. And the music loop could be a little better, it "jumps" a little.
    The New Guy.

no problem hun glad that I could help =) it looks sooooo much better!!!!!
    Last edited by Tracy981; 08-10-2004 at 06:51 PM.

ok, I made the page transitions a little bit faster also. I think its looking better. Thanks again for the advise
    Michael

Anybody have some good sound loops? All the ones i download sound fine till i put them in my movie, then they seem to get a small interupt at the cut. suggestions? is it my movie or is it the loops?
    Michael

Designs for food ZeroInspiration's Avatar
    I like the site but there is two thing very slow transitions which it seems you alread know about that and that background mixed with that content is making me gag I think you need to come up with a different background.
    When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

Hmm.... Clever title.....
    Ive had the same problems with downloaded loops before too. The only thing I could do to fix it was to edit the loop in Sound Forge (or any other wav editor) and cut off .01 seconds from the end over and over until it would loop better. Takes a while but at least it sounds better when it's done. If you have a few good commercial use stock picks you'd like to trade, I'd be happy to fix your loop for you.

Thanks, Ill try editing a few loops and see what i come up with. I dont have any other photos to trade, i pay as i go. Sorry.
    Thanks for the advice on the loop editing. Ill try that.

Michael