A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Relaunched Monkey

Junior Bacon Cheeseburger

Relaunched Monkey

Hey everybody!
    We just finished with the re-design of FredtheMonkey.com and I was hoping to get some thoughts from you oh-so-knowledgeable folk. I really appreciate the comments and suggestions!

www.FredtheMonkey.com

FredtheMonkey.com is a Flash cartoon/comic/parody website that's updated on Fridays.

Thanks again!!
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/
    I like to post replies to those who get no replies!

I just had a very quick look. I point I need to make is that I hate using my browser Back button on Flash sites. When you are in some of the content sections there is no way of returning to the home page without using the browser back button. Flash has this fantastic ability to make you feel you are in one place and not going from document to document like that horrid html thing so I think you should make use of it. Some of the movies drag on a bit. I would revise the scripts to give them more impact.

P.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a little confused though... What page doesn't have a back button? I'm pretty sure that I made a point to put one everywhere. I'd appriciate it if you'd let me know.

Also, any particular movie that "drags"? I realize I haven't quite mastered the art of constant action ala the Fox network esqu programming, but I'm trying!
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/

Professional Air Guitarist Frag's Avatar
    Brain, Body, Clothes, Computer Chair, Room, House, Neighborhood, City, State, Country, Continent, World, Galaxy, Universe, and on?
    Are you a Homestar Runner fan?

I am a Homestar fan, but really, who isn't now adays? They were certainly an inspiration to me. I attempted going to school for animation but couldn't quite get the hang of drawing 900,000 images in a row to get 4 seconds of cartoon- which made Flash a wonderful oasis of refuge. It's great that the program is there for just about anyone to use so they can build their skills over time.

I realize there are a lot of similarities between the two sites. I'm hoping to keep distancing myself by trying new ideas and original themes. I attempt to put more current event humor in my cartoons than they do at H*R. Anyway, eventually maybe people will stop comparing the two... maybe...
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/

It appears there's been some difficulty with the new poll I put up. Can anyone check and let me know if you find a different poll than "Do you know how to advance pages in the Library of Information?" I appriciate it.
    www.FredtheMonkey.com
    Also if you have issues with the poll let me know what browser you're using. That seems to be the trouble.
    Thanks.
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/

I'm using Firefox and I'm still getting the "Do you know how to flip through pages in the Library of Information" poll.

Regards,
    Venio

P.S. I also tried it with Internet Explorer and it's showing the same thing.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Okay good. Thanks a bunch. It looks like I must have screwed up an HTML <> thing somewhere, but it's been fixed. I appriciate your help. Wha'd you think of the rest of the site? Any suggestions? I really want to make it the best it can be.
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/

Hee hee hee! How fun! I really like your stuff it's hilarious. The first time here movie was totally funny and I really like how the homepage is different everytime you open it. The characters are so cute- that SC I want to hug. One thing is though that the preloader doesn't seem to be preloading. I'm using IE and also the little buton at the bottom left doesn't seem to work.

It reminds me of Homestarrunner a bit in a good way, and I think you'll get a lot of fans because you update on fridays and people like friday!!! I like friday!!

good luck and nice days!

I'm glad you like it.

There seems to be some weird thing with Internet Explorer not doing the popup window right.
    When you click the random button in the bottom left corner it's supposed to pop up a new little window that has a funny particular image in it. IE doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? I used the code found at macromedia.com to do the popup windows with Java.

I like Fridays too! Thanks for the input!!
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/

Hi again,

Ok so here's my problem. SOMETIMES the button on the FredtheMonkey.com homepage (in the bottom left corner) will call the small popup window it's supposed to, and sometimes it won't.

There's only ever a problem with Internet Explorer it seems. How do I fix that? Anyone? I'd really appricate the feedback.
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/

Another update

Hey everyone!
    In honor of the anniversary of FredtheMonkey.com I added a bunch of new comics, cartoons, and changed the site to a Halloween look. I just wanted some feedback and hoped you could all check it out! Thanks!

I think with the new Mailbag you can tell that the quality has been upgraded, yes?
    -Space Chicken
    www.fredthemonkey.com/