A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: If anyone is interested

If anyone is interested

Hello, I'm not exactly new, but I'm not exactly a regular either. I joined back sometime during the summer of 2001, and I've since then forgotten this board (other issues came up etc.). Well, the other day I was doing sketches for this Flash Animated series I wanted to pursue, and couldn't figure where to find help, and I instantly thought of this board! So hello again! ^_^

So anyway, I want to make this anime style Flash animated series called "Omni Star Hunters: The Onamu 78 Chronicles" which I've been planning for nearly two to three years. However, unfortunately when it comes to animation and Flash, the only thing I'm good with is drawing, logos and doing special effects in Swish. However, I do have some character sketches that I'll post soon as well as a website for this project. Again, I haven't posted the character sketches on the site yet, but I'll get to that soon. Anyway if anyone would perhaps be interested I need the following:

Someone or some people who can draw anime (better than me) style and is good with flash (again, better than me)

Voice actors - for list of characters
    click here

Character designers - because, although I'm quite content with my own character designs I'd like to see what others would come up with

Writters -I guess I'm pretty good at writting scripts, but again, I'd like to see what creative ideas others would come up with)

So what am I doing? I'll basically be helping out with everything. I guess you can kind of call me the director or something to that degree. I'll pretty much be designing the characters and storyboards, as well as punching up the scripts and stories, I'll also be doing most of the music (although there will be many musicless moments) and perhaps even a few additional character voices, as well as titles and logos and of course the website.

In case one doesn't feel like looking at the website right now, I have the story and character names posted below. However, if you want descriptive character profiles, you may go here

-Cast-

Aerolon "Aero" Starhawk
    Mike Willis
    Yumi Yamamoto
    Samo Airamus
    'Cozmon'

Aero, Mike, Yumi and Samo are just four average...well almost average teenage friends who were born and raised on a huge space fortress known as the Orion Metropolis, while the year is the current year, just about everything on this fortress contradicts this fact. Their parents are all part of the Orion Metropolis law-enforcement agency either working as spies, police officers, or detectives. The four best friends were just going about their day one fine morning hanging out at Aero's apartment when there was a call on his Viso-Phone. The call was from Orion Police cheif Captain Novalite, who'd just recieved notice that the Orion's sister space city the Nebuloid Metropolis just had their main energy source the "Omni Star" stolen from them. Without this dominant crystal, the Nebuloid community could wipe out, however there was a slight upside. The Nebuloid Metropolis had a backup crystal which was nowhere near as strong as the Omni Star, and could only provide energy for the space city for a single year, or even less if it too gets stolen. Captain Novalite says he needs to send out the four teenages parents in search of the Omni Star. However, due to their already being on a mission, Aero volunteers he and the others to fulfill the mission to find the Omni Star. Of course Novalite denies Aero's offer and insists that no one under the age of 18 be allowed to execute the mission, however Aero persists that he and the others are merely a few months under 18, and would be perfect for the mission. After giving it some tough consideration for a few hours and talking with Mayor Espion, Capt. Novalite finally allows Aero, Mike, Yumi and Samo to execute the mission. He and the mayor also came up with another idea, award whoever turns up the missing energy jewel a big cash prize of $10,000,000. Needless to say, after the mayor announced this, many people jumped at the oppurtunity. The cheif provides the four teens with a powerful space craft called the Onamu 78, as well as a clumzy yet very helpful pint-sized 20-something year-old chaperone named 'Cozmon'. The cheif wishes the five the best of luck, and they're on their way, dubbing themselves the "Omni Star Hunters". Now the 5 person team journies through space competing against other searchers and battling against the many Astro-Pirates on a quest to save the Nebuloid Metropolis.

If anyone is interested, you can contact me at: knuxmechidna@hotmail.com , on AIM: Max Da Hedgehog OR simply respond here!

Anyway, thats all for now, but in the near future I will be posting various character sketches. Keep in mind, this does not have to be perfect by any means, but at least something that those of us working on it can proud of! ^_^ Anyway, thanks for your time!
    Last edited by Kenji-san; 08-13-2004 at 10:58 PM.

Hi Kenji-san, i'll be more than willing to help you out on the writing end.

Thanks! Feel free to contact me and we can go over plans for the first episode.

I'll try to get those character sketches up too, if not tonight, then definitly some time tomorrow.

Main Coordinator
    I can voice act.

Recently entered a contest of that nature where I made the semi-16 out of 100+ people.

Cool, here are some sketches

I don't have a design for Samo Airamus yet. But I'll have that soon. Keep in mind these sketches are very rough, so they might not look so good.

I may be able to help with animation.

Btw, Nemesis whats your email? I may want to use you as a voice actor for some of my flash movies too. Email me or reply.. thanks.

Great! Is there anyway that I can contact you?

Kenji, my email is in my proflie, so you can email me.

Also, Nemesis I emailed you about the voice thing.

Main Coordinator
    I replied to the e-mail.

Now whatever Arent is doing is separate from Kenji's project, right? Just wanna get the record straight.

yeah

I would like to help too

Hey i could help also with the colors or camera angle (pegs) .. Just check out some of my art :

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/162929

Pipo28: Your movie was cool, I'd love to have you on board.

Arent: I sent you an e-mail.

And Nemesis: Is there a particular character you'd be interested in voicing?

Main Coordinator
    Originally posted by Kenji-san
    Pipo28: Your movie was cool, I'd love to have you on board.

Arent: I sent you an e-mail.

And Nemesis: Is there a particular character you'd be interested in voicing?
    Doesn't matter to me.

thanks guys for having me

Thanks guys for leting me be part of the project . I`ll love to have a plan of the actual work .

the bigest problem is sometimes voice acting . I welcome everybody that want to help .

let me know what to do...

Well I'm working on the script for the first ep now. After that I'll work on getting some story boards together. As for voice acting, I go to a few other message boards where I believe plenty of the people there would be interested in voice acting, so first I'll probably draw up some story boards for maybe like a short trailer, to show off the characters, so as to get potential VA's interested.

However,as Pipo said, if anyone else here is interested in voice acting, then you're welcome to audition. In the meantime I'll be finishing up the script.

Pipo: Do you have an IM name?
    Last edited by Kenji-san; 08-16-2004 at 08:11 PM.

Yes i do have an IM ...

hadd me i`m on sweetpipo@netscape.net

Main Coordinator
    #1 Deep Voice

#2 Raspy Voice one channel, Grungy voice 2nd channel
    Attached Files Attached Files

Main Coordinator
    #3 Crazy, sinister laugh

#4 Distorted voice one channel, reversed 2nd channel.

For the record, #4 reverse is the only altered voice. Everything else is me, with just a meaningless echo to it.
    Attached Files Attached Files