A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: player not loading...

player not loading...

I have a mp3 player on my site and I have the songs loaded into my file manager and everything but they wont play, it just keeps saying loading--- http://www.geocities.com/pogoh2/site_start1.html
    ^ thats my site, the songs that are supposed to work are the 1st and 2nd ones. helpp

ok, I got the 2 songs to eventually load(just wait a lil while they load), but there is no sound when they play. ?¿ help me

Hi,

I got the dreaded "site is temporarily unavailable" sign. What is the code your using to load your sounds?

NTD

o , well my players is actually almost the same one that you have, and your songs arent playing on my pc either(yes my speakres are on! lol) I'll attach the player just in case. track11 (the first song((DMX)) and track2 (the second song ((Skriblez)) are not included with the .fla obviously.. can you help?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

I should have mentioned, there is a bug in mine at the moment. If I load the player in with just the .swf extension it works fine, but if I load it into an HTML page, you have to select the first song, then select play. The preloader does not appear. If you stop it and select it again, it works fine from that point on. Embedding the player in an HTML page allows the user to choose a file off thier local hard drive( with the windows file browswer if using IE) and play it as well as the songs in my playlist. Like I said, still working some things out. Just a demo of using the player in a pop up window. I will take a look at yours.

NTD

ya, I'm loading mine in an .html flash site lol, so how do I get it to work without having to click it, then click stop and play it again (actually I dont even know if that works on mine, I have to try when my site becomes available again) and i have to go right now, I'll be on later or tomorrow, maybe I'll PM you if I can . pz

Hi,

I see you found the same player I did. I used it as is for a long time with flash 5. With the release of MX's new sound object, I ripped the guts out of that demo and coded it from scratch. I kept the graphic interface and the graphic equalizer because I was too lazy to make my own and, frankly, it is a very nice design. The demo you are using uses flash 5 methods to load a .swf file into the player that contains an .mp3. You dont need to do it that way anymore with the release of the sound object. You can now load .mp3 files directly into the flash player. I also upgraded this player to allow for users to play files directly off thier harddrive(with the help of some nice flasher here at FK). Here is my upgraded MX version of this player........

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Sound...9651/index.php

NTD
    Last edited by NTD; 08-14-2004 at 02:09 PM.

but you said even yours has bugs? and I kind of like the way people have to press the >> button to go to the next song and all.

Hi,

Mine has a couple of bugs if you open it in an HTML page. If you use the .swf extension to call the player from a button in flash, everything works fine. When it is not embedded in an html page, the songs play with one press and the random play function works. When it is embedded in an HTML page, the random play function never fires and you have to select the first song twice to get it to play. Once it does, everything else works fine. If you download the demo and test it in authormode, everything works fine, except the file browswer option which requires a browser to open the windows file browser. One thing that kept being reported when I used the older version is that it had so many buttons it became difficult to understand and the songs have to download completely before playing. My version uses streamed sound. Also, to change the songs requires loading a sound into a seperate .swf and loading that to your site to be loaded by the player. With mine, all you need is a folder to hold the .mp3's and change the names in the combobox. It is very easy to use and change songs. By all means use the version you like best but as you use the other version, you will see the benefits of using the sound object as opposed to loading a sound into a seperate .swf and loading that swf.

Hope it helps
    NTD

I d/l your music player and I opened player in Flash MX, but I don't know how to change the songs... ..help

Hi,

Look in the frame that has the actions. I commented on the code pretty well. It tells you how to manipulate everything in the player. For changing songs, select the listbox and look at the properties panel. The frame labels for the listbox are the song titles. The frame data for each selection provides the artist info. Read through the comments in the actions frame and it will tell you everything you need to modify songs. One thing I forgot to include was how to modify the skins or the visuals. Each is a movieclip of it's own. You can change those by adding or subtracting frames from those individual clips.

Hope it helps
    NTD
    Last edited by NTD; 08-16-2004 at 04:46 PM.