A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pre loader urgent help please

pre loader urgent help please

I have a website that contains image scrolling gallery's each one is on a separate scene and linked via a navigation page, I need to have a preloader on each gallery as each one is at least 150K in size. I am using a component bytes preloader I downloaded off the net the only problem is that when it is attached to one of the gallery's it wants to preload the whole site so I have to wait for all the gallery's to load. Can anyone recomend or help with a preloader that gives file size feedback relative to the scene it is placed on rather than the whole flash site.
    PLEEEEAAAASSSEE.

Banned
    A preloader can't preload only 1 particular scene of a movie...
    Once initiated it would preload all the movie whether you liked it or not. You can attempt to have the movie play when the equivalent of the first gallery has loaded, but the preloading will continue in the background. If you definately want to load each gallery on it's own, you'll have to make seperate external movies out of them, and only preload each one on demand.

OK, I've never done that before how's it done ??

Banned
    Seperate external movies?

yeah, I can make each gallery a separate movie but how do I link my navigation page to each movie, do I do it just as in 'get url' and open a new html page containing the new gallery ??

here's the site in progress http://www.itsmy-space.co.uk/ken/ken1.htm

Banned

thanks for your help mate, OK here's what I've got so far using load movie to load each page of the movie on top of another level, only the wedding and home buttons work properly at the moment but I think I am finally getting somewhere.
    http://www.itsmy-space.co.uk/ken/index.htm
    not sure why the buttons are now active over the left side of the actuall gallery image though ???