dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I put files in this...

How do I put files in this...

How do I put songs into this--->http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Sound...2176/index.php
    ??

click on the Submit button.. i think
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

I meant, I downloaded that player, but I don't know how to put my own songs into it.

well did you download the fla, in the scripting somewhere they probably called the mp3's path whic oyu could change or they converted the music to swf and used loadMovie()
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

Hi,

I responded to your other post on how to load your own songs. It tells you how in the actions frame. Just change the listbox label and data properties to the songs you want and change the targetPath variable to where you keep your mp3 files, either a website pathor a local path. If you read the actions frame, it tells you everything you need to manipulate the player however you want.

NTD

well I just tried that with your player and the songs didnt play, the loaded but didnt play. the source thing I put-> http://download.35mb.com/pointgod/
    you can go there if you want, and I'm pretty sure I did it right from there... help me outt

Hi,

The file you have looks like this....

DMX- Ruff Ryder Anthem Remix.mp3

You only need the Artist info for the data property of the listbox. I would save the file as just the song name.......

Ruff Ryder Anthem Remix.mp3

Then, in the player code, set your target path to the folder that holds the mp3's.......

targetPath = "http://download.35mb.com/pointgod/";

This is in the actions frame of the player. It explains how to change, add, or delete songs...
    The playlist can be modified by selecting the listbox and modifying the variables in the properties panel. The mp3's need to be named the same as the listbox label in order to load dynamically.

Example....
    File name
    Ruff Ryder Anthem Remix.mp3
    Listbox label
    Ruff Ryder Anthem Remix
    Data variable
    DMX

The data property that matches each label in the listbox is the Artist information.Update the target path and listbox properties and the player will do the rest.

NTD

I put that in and it didnt work, it loaded, but didnt play.(I didnt change the name because I dont think it will make much difference). I even tried with http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/pogoh2/
    that account from my yahoo briefcase. Help Again

Hi,

The player should be easy to update to your songs. I have had a few people try it out and the general response it that it is very easy to manage. The label variable(song name) of the list box must be the same as the file that you store in a folder(mp3 name).It should just be the song title. The listbox label is what will populate the song title textfield. The data property for each listbox label will populate the artist name textfield. You say the song is loading but not playing? When the song is selected and the preloader is attached to the player, you should see a preload status bar scale as the song loads. You should see a playhead marker on the status bar that marks the position of each song as it plays. If the preloader attaches and the download scales and the position playhead is keeping track, you might want to turn your speakers up. Just and idea Other than that, the only thing I can guess is that you are naming your file differently than you are naming the label field of the listbox. It should be very easy. I made this a few months ago just to explore the sound object. I made it rather quickly by using the graphics from an existing player. I posted it as a demo for anyone that wanted to learn to build their own. I've been kind of busy with other things and I haven't looked at the player in some time. Some suggestions for upgrades that I received.....

-----------
    Make the song title and artist textfields scroll horizontally to account for long titles.

Allow for a user playlist to be selected instead of one song at a time.

Reduce file size by making the skins and visuals load externally.

Use a dynamic playlist that can be changed thru an online interface and the main .fla would not need to be manipulated.

Allow for the downloading of original music directly from the player.
    --------------

At some point, I will go back and incorporate some of these. The only other suggestion is to read the code carefully to see what it does. I commented on most everything.

NTD

but where do I put in the label variable?

When you select the listbox, the properties panel reveals the component variables. One field is named 'label', your song title goes there, minus the '.mp3'. The other field is named 'data', your artist info goes there. The label name needs to match the file name exactly without the .mp3 part.

I have that
    targetPath = "http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/pogoh2/";

label name- DMX- Ruff Ryder Anthem Remix
    data- DMX

the song doesnt play!

One thing you can do to test the mp3 is open the player in the local html page that was provided and use the browse option to open the windows file browser. Try loading the song from your local drive into the player.

Update...

I had a few minutes to test your URL out in a browser and the song doesn't appear. What does appear is the option to download a 35mb.com download manager. It appears you don't have direct access to files with that site. I thought the mp3 might have been encoded to high, but I downloaded it and it works fine locally and from my site. Lots of free sites use download managers which prohibits direct access to files. I am not sure there is a workaround for this with my version. You might have to use the loadMovie version in using a free host. This is the first time I have come across this.

NTD

what about my Yahoo Brieface account? It doesnt use any download managers. http://briefcase.yahoo.com/pogoh2
    I have a song in the docoments part, can u test that out?

When I click that link it takes me to an empty folder. If it doesn't use a download manager and you can directly access the file it will work. To test it, put the complete URL of the song in a browser, if the MP3 file opens up your generic player instead of prompting for download, it will work fine. On most sites if you click on a .mp3 extension, it opens in the chosen media player for the system, not for download.

NTD