A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Proxus Flv Player Component, resize, adjust colour

Proxus Flv Player Component, resize, adjust colour

I purchased the Flv player component recently to use in a CD-rom project. Has anybody figured out, how the colour scheme can be adjusted to ones needs. I kept trying to change the colours of the sliders for hours and unfortunately the website of Proxus is not much help.
    Also, is there no way to resize the display of the movie, is the component just useable for 2 fixed movie dimensions (letterhead and widescreen)?
    Thank you so much for your help!

Media Services
    We are using advanced color properties to adjust color of player's skin. It gives you more control over your color customization. There is an paragraph on our site explaining how to modify values. Also over the weekend we will update our site with color picker for advanced coloring. This tool will help you with that.

Our component works in two screen ratios and most used standard sizes for online video delivery 320x240 480x272. Your movie is automatically adjusted to match this size. New version of our player is already in development and it will be resizable, with new color management and many other new features requested by our clients. Of course all updates are free

If you will have any questions or feedbacks please visit our HELP section.
    or email support dept. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PROXUS; 08-20-2004 at 09:58 AM.

Thank you for your quick feedback! We will await the update then, will registered customers be informed about the availability? Thanks!

hi- i bought the lister for mac

and i cant get it to display the "list"...either locally or connecting to your online xml file pleeeze help!

Media Services
    Thank you for your quick feedback! We will await the update then, will registered customers be informed about the availability? Thanks!
    Yes, new updated version will be automatically sent via email for all registered clients.

I cant get it to display the "list"...either locally or connecting to your online xml file pleeeze help!
    I suspect your path or XML location is incorrect. Please double chcek your file locations. If you will have any problems please contact support@proxus.com for more info.

Thank you.

no problem

but fyi- the xml file path is correct...it points to your server! (there is an xml page at the location)

http://www.proxus.com/components/list.xml

thanks!

Media Services
    But if you want to display your list you need to point it to your own XML file

It's impossible to list your movies from our test XML file (this is set for example only)

Please use our support contact instead this forum for any help related issues.
    That way we will be able to answer your questions ASAP.

thank you.

Media Services
    Originally posted by nickbeyeler
    Also, is there no way to resize the display of the movie, is the component just useable for 2 fixed movie dimensions (letterhead and widescreen)?
    Thank you so much for your help!
    Just to let you all know. Version 1.1 of our component was released yesterday. Now it's fully resizable, we imporoved a little bit color management, there is ne Broadcast class for reading TIME (as some our clients requested), autoplay ON/OFF function, autorewind etc. etc.

We also modified page a little bit, and new HELP / FAQ automatic section will be available within few days.

I hope you will like it

hiey proxus....2 things.. i just bout your player yesterday, but i think it is pre update...can you link me to an update dl?

2) THIS IS THE BIG THING:

I have a real problem....ive gotten everything to work...but here is my dilemma:

I need to run a projector file locally. However, a swf containing the lister is loaded from the web to level 12 in the projector. It points to list.xml on a server and bothe are in the proper directory structure on the server.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: I want the the xml file to access the video files on the SERVER. This works when run from a browser, but NOT when I run the projector. IT STILL TRIES TO ACCESS THE VIDEO LOCALLY. (which it does successfully)

Is there some way to mod the xml file so that it can open the videos from the web from inside the locally loaded projector?

Please help me on this..i know its a complicated issue, but if you can solve it, you will truly have a better product!

Did I mention I have a very looming deadline for this!

Thanks

Randy

Media Services
    We sent you new version via email. Please uninstal your previous one in Extension Manager and install new one. Backend files are the same.

I'll try to help you out with your problem, and let you know by mail.
    If you have any questions please contact me at support@proxus.com

New version?

Did all the new versions go out? I think I may of slipped through the cracks. Looking forward to the new update!

Regards

Steve

Proxus! yes! The new version works like a charm - and even the design fits perfectly into our CD-Rom Project. I'm still having my troubles with the color management, but def. an improvement over the first version. As the project is in german, is there a possibility to modify the "connecting to media" text, maybe in a future update? Thanks again - what a great component.

i have this too...can you get lister to work on remote files while running your local projector? if so, how??

Media Services
    Originally posted by
    nickbeyeler

Proxus! yes! The new version works like a charm - and even the design fits perfectly into our CD-Rom Project. I'm still having my troubles with the color management, but def. an improvement over the first version. As the project is in german, is there a possibility to modify the "connecting to media" text, maybe in a future update? Thanks again - what a great component.
    We are glad you like it. Connecting to media usually doesn't even show on fast connection especially that preloader starts right away. We will place it on our update list tho

Originally posted by stevec
    Did all the new versions go out? I think I may of slipped through the cracks. Looking forward to the new update!

Regards
    Steve
    We sent newsletter to all customers with instruction to sent request (with your name and paymentID) to upgrade@proxus.com
    Our system will automatically process delivery of new version.

Originally posted by funke777

i have this too...can you get lister to work on remote files while running your local projector? if so, how??
    I spent few hours yesterday trying to find solution for your idea, and Support sent you info in the mail few times.

It can't due to Flash Player limitations.
    If you try to use local connection to use some files from the server you will get [b]Security Sandbox Violation[b] error.

This problem that occurs when flash player is trying to access data from a different domain. External data is not
    accessible outside your flv lister movie domain, in your case it is xml.
    Check out this tech note on macromedia
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...s_security.htm

It will work when you have all files in your CD presentation folder but not when some of them are online. But you know that already.

Hope this answer your question

thanks again for the response...but

if you read the tech note you will see that it says:

Note: This security feature does not affect Flash movies playing in stand-alone projectors

-so now what?

Media Services
    If you quoting this document you should read it to the end. Few lines below it says clearly:

In order for two Flash MX movies to share objects and variables, both movies must reside in the same domain. Attempts to access cross-domain data will be ignored.
    and there is also a note:
    Note: This security feature affects Flash movies playing in stand-alone projectors . A projector has access to movies loaded from another domain, but movies from another domain cannot access the projector without being granted access.
    It reads text because it's variable but the rest functionality is based on objects. And again please use our support contact to addres all your questions, we can't provide support over this forum.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PROXUS; 08-25-2004 at 02:37 PM.