dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They wanted tropical

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    Mikey

Great ideas

We are still playing with the background idea, the curator of museum is doing some research on Seminole Indian patterns and colors and this will be the background, for the moment it is a plain blue.

Any ideas on how I can make the border more realistic?

I like the transisition idea

Loadbar - has anyone any thoughts??
    Life is just a bunch of swf's

Don't pick at that...
    The site looks good so far, and I have few suggestions that might improve it:

1. When the menu opens, the animation jumps a bit at the end. Perhaps tweak the easing.

2. I'm on 1024x768 but there was still a scroll-bar to the right. Your site should be able to fit with no scroll-bar, if you adjust the placement and/or size a bit, and reduce the overall size of your movie.

3. The background of your main image doesn't quite match up with the blue background in your table. I would lose the JPEG and use a plain color or a gradient... but that's just my opinion. If you really want to use that background, perhaps make your movie the exact size of your interface, and just have the background in your table.

4. Your lighthouse will look a bit more realistic if you place a small circle (radial gradient fill, partially transparent) where the source of the light is. Animate it to match the rotation of your "spotlight".

I hope this helps a bit, or gives you some ideas.

Cheers!

EDIT: I didn't read the entire thread before posting...so apologies if I am covering old ground.

Mr Snowman
    1. When the menu opens, the animation jumps a bit at the end. Perhaps tweak the easing.

/// It's in the formula, I can fix that, thanks

2. I'm on 1024x768 but there was still a scroll-bar to the right. Your site should be able to fit with no scroll-bar, if you adjust the placement and/or size a bit, and reduce the overall size of your movie.

/// strange, on my 1024x768 I have clearance at the bottom, so does the customer

3. The background of your main image doesn't quite match up with the blue background in your table. I would lose the JPEG and use a plain color or a gradient... but that's just my opinion. If you really want to use that background, perhaps make your movie the exact size of your interface, and just have the background in your table.

// Plain is not an option, reducing the movie to the postcard size will not work as their are items that overhang the postcard. Best step would be to find a small pattern on the background so the seam would be less noticeable.

4. Your lighthouse will look a bit more realistic if you place a small circle (radial gradient fill, partially transparent) where the source of the light is. Animate it to match the rotation of your "spotlight".

// There was, I accidently deleted the layer and have to get reconstruct it. I hate recreating so its on the bottom of the todo list

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I hope this helps a bit, or gives you some ideas.

Mr Snowman
    Ok, has the scrollin problem gone away

animations are REALLY NICE...
    except the clouds animation , came off alittle bit choppy..

the post card menu is sweet.( really professional)

but loose the background...and youll be alright..

great work.