dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Which site is better?

Which site is better?

So I am going to replace my old Flash website with this new one I am working on. Mostly because I'm tired of the old website, and the file size is too great for dial-up speed.

The new website is cleaner then the old one and has much smaller file sizes. It's not quite done, but here is the link if anyone would like to see and comment on it. Comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Old Website:

New Website:

old site

Old one loks like a personal portfolio.
    New one looks like a company's site.

What do you want people to think of you?

old site

The new one looks too commercial.. it really does not give you an identity.. the old one on the other hand is very original and makes the user feel like they have went off the beaten path.. it gives you an identity and says "look at me" .. The new one is to Robotic and to have your prices right on the home page is tactless... it tells the potential client that you will be treating them like a number and not like an indivitual... The old site tells the potential client that you will treat them as if they are the only client that matters. clients like to feel that way.. (even out side of web design)..

to sum it up.. IF YOU GET RID OF THE OLD SITE WE GONNA FIGHT!!!!!!!

keep it please

i love yall

yo main man lenny

LOL! Yo, Lenny is a funny dude, but anyway, as much as I like the new site, I like the old site better. And he's right. The old site looks more like a portfolio website, so I would stay with the old site and save the new one as a template for a client who needs a similar site for their company.

Ryan Wilson
    Creative Director
    3rd Lounge Inc
    http://www.3rdlounge.com

the first one, although the second is easier on the eyes...
    the first, if possible, would be much better if it were not so, I don't know, confusing? it seems a little busy...

But, to answer your question, the first one.
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

both are overwhelming so the second is easier on the eyes...but the fact that prices and similar stuff right out front make the person feel like a number. The truth is the first one I left in two seconds because it hurt my eyes...(maybe because I just moved and painted my house for the past 14 hours). But the second one was easy on the eyes...

im not sure if i like how you did your resume on the new site. I would get rid of that and give your artwork the room, and then make it have its own section. Just my opinion.

oh and maybe you have to much space, i would strech some of the main area's out a little more, and get rid of some of the yellow. Too much for me. But it has potentential.

You should also render out all of your 3ds max stuff, im sure that pick up truck would look a lot better rendered
    Last edited by agentboolen; 08-22-2004 at 05:33 AM.

Re: old site

Originally posted by FTBWEBDESIGN

to sum it up.. IF YOU GET RID OF THE OLD SITE WE GONNA FIGHT!!!!!!!

that just sounded queer.

Get rid of the web prices and c'mon on guys $500 dollar website? How do you expect to pay the bills, school tuition, car loan, food etc...
    I'm not saying to rape them but clients will be under the impression that you can DO ANY WEBSITE no matter how many pages or dynamic content etc...is worth $500 dollars.

Re: Re: old site

Originally posted by junior_ab
    that just sounded queer.

And you Callin me "queer" .. you need to take that back to the 80's home boy.. i aint even know they still used words like that....

"wonder if he still wears izod shirts"

i love yall

yo main man lenny