A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pasting test from word to a text box

pasting test from word to a text box

Hi, I've made a scrolling text box in flash mx and now have a biography typed in word that I want to copy and paste in. But when i go to do this it won't paste into the box and pastes outside it having all the individual words selected! How can I get the text to paste into the box flowing properly?
    Braderzz

I'm not sure what you mean by it pastes "outside" it. Is your cursor in the textbox when you paste? Can you send a screenshot of what is happening?

sorted

its ok i've sussed it out. it just wouldn't work from word for some reason. Ive pasted it into something else then into flash. How bizaar!
    Braderzz

I still can't do it…So I have this mailform that is - essentially - functioning. With one exception: I can't paste any text into its input text boxes (name, email & comments). I mean I CAN just fine when I test the file on the desktop but the minute swf ends up on the web that ability is lost.
    And I tried all kinds of word processors, converting the text file from rtf to txt - you name it. Nothing works.