A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem fading in & out

Problem fading in & out

Hello all,

I want to do the following :
    - Have a map of europe
    - When user clicks "France" (button on side), the map of europe fades away while the map of france fades in
    - When user clicks "Sarthe" (region of France), the france map fades away and the map of Sarthe fades in.
    - The user can click on any one of the buttons on the side (europe, france, sarthe), and the behavior should be : fade out current map and fade in map clicked.

You will see my attempt in the attachment. It's not bad, but since I can't tell which map is currently showing, I tell the map clicked on to "fade in" (with Tell targets) and BOTH the others to fade out. This creates a bit of a confusing effect, where you see a map fading away that wasn't even displayed!

Can anyone help me on this one ?

Thanks,
    Raph.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi RaphNeve,

I have to tell you this as a begginner.

"Your attempt is rubbish"

I dont mean to sound rude by saying that but it really is. I have been using swish for about half a year now... AND IT IS GREAT but i can make code (which may not be so good), but it works!

I have added an swi file below... however there is a problem... i am using SwishMax... i advise you to download the SwishMax trial version and continue your work with that, unless you already have it, in that case good!

xeon04,

if somebody asks for help with a problem, he doesn't need his attempts to be called rubbish, which isn't only rude, but arrogant as well. the problem is swish 2 specific, so i don't see any point in re-posting the file in a swishmax version (which by the way doesn't take advantage of the capabilities of swishmax, and isn't bug free either).

Raph,

you want one image to fade out before (or while) the next one fades in. this is rather involving to achieve in swish 2 - you'll have to create different layers. see the shapes.swi in the zip for an example how it's done in swish 2. i'd recommend you to use simple fade-ins, without the previous image fading out, like in the section5a.swi included in the zip.

swishmax would in fact be the better tool for this task.

I never meant to sound rude or arrogant... I just like to try and help people with problems... but over time this can be a little annoying... i dont mean to say that his post is not worthy of being here... he has every right as much as me to post his problems and queries here as i do. It is just that it is the same problems... but this one i am not sure why just seemed to be a little over the edge. Maybe it was that i can even do this, although i havnt been using Swish for very long.

Originally posted by Xeon04
    ... I just like to try and help people with problems... but over time this can be a little annoying...
    so that's how you managed to gather this vast amount of posts

nobody is obliged to answer questions here. but if you decide to do so, keep it friendly. if a question has been asked several times before and you're feeling "annoyed", or if you don't know the solution to a specific problem - that's no problem... don't post. no reply is always better than a rude one.

Ok, i think you are hearing me wrong... i said i like to help people with problems, did i say that they had anything to do with swish.... i do have another account, but even that only has 10 swish posts.. i also help in C&C Renegade Forums, Call of Duty Forums, Visual Basic ones and a few other small ones. Ok! If i can help someone with something i will!

Also, at the end of one of you posts you agreed with me, about him changing to SwishMax wich was the format of the file i uploaded. i may not be fascinatitingly good, or like what you would have done... BUT IT WORKS... I have no intention of putting people down, i just state the truth. And can we please stop the squabbling, we are here for him/her, not a mud slinging contest.

Originally posted by Xeon04
    ...not a mud slinging contest.
    for sure i don't plan to go into a mud slinging contest against you. there's no mud. what i said above was nothing but a reminder to keep this forum friendly.

end of discussion.

Hello there all,

Thanks for your help. I will check out the attachments. Perhaps I will have to upgrade to Swishmax, but not right away.

Raphael

Xeon04

I agree with Stephan - please don't assist people by telling them how poor their work is.

Anyway, for anyone who wants a sensible scripted solution, please see attached - swishmax only.

Hope this is of some use to someone.

Best wishes

I

Hi

The example I posted above only works as swf 4.

swf 5 and 6 require the [] to have their scope specified. See attached for amendment. I have also made one more change to the onenterframe loop.

I