A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: menu in a movie clip

menu in a movie clip

hi,

I am making a flash site where my menu is in a movie clip. In most of the site i want the menu on top of everything else, but when preloading external .swf's i would like it to be behind the external swf's preloader. Is there a way I can do this somehow?

Thanks,

pjustice

Banned
    Are you loading your external movies on another level or in a container clip? The preloader is included in the loaded movies themselves? Or is it a generic preloader within the main movie?

movie clip

hi,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I have my main movie that loads external .swf's in a container clip. The movies that are loaded have their own preloaders.

Here is what I intend to do:

1) Find a way for the preloader to be on another level inside my main movie.

2) Once the external swf is loaded have it tell the main movie to advance on frame while it goes to a level behind the menu in the main movie.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

pjustice

Banned
    Would be much easier to just use a generic preloader within the main movie (no preloaders within the loaded movies), and simply have that preloader clip (with a background or not, hiding the whole rest of your main movie or only the menu part...) appear on a layer higher than your menu. Once the preloader's done, it can be made invisible again, discovering your menu.

For a generic preloader...

http://members.fortunecity.fr/fgill/genericpreload1.htm

Or you could have a look at this closing doors method, somewhat the same as what you're looking for... Just move the doors to cover everything or only some part of your main movie...

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/p...transition.htm