A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Message Board system

Message Board system

Can anyone provide some quick links if there has been any success in making a bulletin board for Flash? I'm not looking for a full-blown forum, just a list of common questions that anyone who visits the site can answer.

From what I've found on the web, I can see that this is going to be a serious undertaking, unless I cave in and learn YET ANOTHER scripting language. Well, that would also be a serious undertaking.

Maybe I can implement something using dynamic text files...
    blah.

Is this what you want,Flash DB?.

That's fantastic!!
    But actually TOO full-featured for me.

I guess what I'm looking to create is more like a guestbook that can filtered by # of hits. As a supplement to a FAQ, I'd basically have a list of subjects, and clients can click on the most popular questions-- or add their own if they don't find what they're looking for. Is there AS code that tracks click counts?
    blah.

sorry for the late response. If you dont care if its flash or HTML by now maybe you could checkout html gear, the have a guestbook that is all preset. Another good site isWebmonkeythey probably have a tutorial on how to make one. Actually if you try searching you could get a premade guest book that you can edit in flash. uhh besides that im not sure.
    Last edited by MX789; 09-09-2004 at 10:40 PM.