A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animated gifs

Animated gifs

Hi, I've been trying to load an animated gif I made (in Photoshop) into Swishmax (latest official build). Using the Insert/Content I get an import box with additional options. After selecting the default I get a sprite with all the individual frames under it. I realized I needed to move all the placements since on import Swish put all of them on the first frame and that way they don't amimate. So I moved them all a frame apart starting at 0 to the last frame and upon loading the exported swf the frames did animate, but some of the frames were not exactly in the right place and consequently jiggled as the animation played. My question is: Is there a better way to load the gif so it plays as it does outside Swish ?( without jiggles) and without having to space out all the frames manually? Seems the origins of some of the frames are not imported properly, if so how do I fix this?

Thanx

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    ...just use the "Insert Image" option (next to the "T" for "text"), click on the "xxx.gif" file you want to import and when the prompt "import frames" pop's up, make sure the box "Import as sprite" is ticked and the others are empty.

wolf