A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: for master scripters only !

for master scripters only !

i need some small yet very complicated script part...

the main idea is to make a circle element , inside this circle will be an element wich you can drag around within the circle , now to the hard part ,this small thing must act as a leaver for moving an other element when the small element within the circle will be pulled left the element will be draged left as well until the element will stop being pulled there...

if you know any way do script such a thing maybe you can extra help me with also making the move of the big element to be related to the distance of the small element to the circle's border (the closer it gets to the border the faster the big element will be draged

please help me , this one is essential to me...
    ok....what ?

This sorta works.

On export there is a problem in that using the onDrop or mouseUp to stop the box form moving doesn't work too well.

Otherwise it works
    Attached Files Attached Files

well...this is kind of what i asked for...only that....the box shouldent move....another elemnt should move (wich is outside the box)...and this will be exacly what i need....thanks

ill try messing with it myself to see if i can change it...but dont count on my success

hey you were quick...i thought it will take a day or two

realy need to find i way to learn scripting like you do...
    Last edited by cyber reaper; 08-26-2004 at 05:08 PM.
    ok....what ?

Never mind friend , i was able to make it do what i want , thanks for the help , im suprise it was that small and simple script , i was expecting relativeAcelaration and other complicated things
    ok....what ?

well i guess i was happy a bit too soon , even though i was able to edit your scripts to move other object once i tried to duplicat it to my own flash movie it was no longer moving anything....

can you take a small look on my sorce file , i removed any unneeded parts to make your diagnostic easyer

but i will need your e mail caues its a bit bigger then the forum allow...(send it over to my personal messeges if you want)

PS - i set on this darn problem for 3 hours without having a clow what went wrong....
    ok....what ?

is there any way to increase the movement speed of the big element ?
    ok....what ?

oh ....never mind the last one...looks like a simple math refreshing and i was able to do it

thank you ver much for all the help
    ok....what ?