A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: embeding fonts

embeding fonts

how do you embed a font in flash? I downloaded I saw a preview of a clock here at flashkit http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Utili...2122/index.php and it's using the digital readout font. I didn't have this font on my pc so when I exported it, it showed another font. It's pretty cool how I could see the font without having the font on my computer. I download the font now and I would like to know how did he embed this font on flash?
    Zlex

All fonts are embedded unless you specifically choose a device font.

I'm sorry but i don't get what you're trying to say. I know that using static text keeps the fonts in your flash movie but that's not what I'm looking for. Like the link I have posted... it's using Dynamic Text using the digital readout font. Before I dowonload the digital font I can still see the font that he had on the preview. When I open the fla file and exported i see the default font. Once I download the digital readout font I can see it on my computer only. In other computers you can't see it since they don't have the font installed on their computers.

In the text properties box, there is a 'character' button that appears when having dynamoc or input text selected. You can simply choose what type of embedding you need and select it. This would embed the font in a dynamix text field.

Thank you very much. Now I get it.
    Zlex