A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo: Universal Power Symbol

Tattoo: Universal Power Symbol

So ok i have posted this before, but now i am actually going to go get this done next week

I am getting the universal power symbol on the lower part of my neck

but what i want to know, how long has this symbol been around? and do you think it will be around for a long time to come? because i don't want something on the back of my neck that in say 5-10 years will not be recognized
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Re: Tattoo: Universal Power Symbol

Originally posted by WannaBe_80z
    ....I don't want something on the back of my neck that in say 5-10 years will not be recognized
    why do you feel the need to color your body for the recognition of others? Besides, If you get it on the back of your neck you will never see it anyways.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar

Re: Tattoo: Universal Power Symbol

Originally posted by WannaBe_80z
    because i don't want something on the back of my neck that in say 5-10 years will not be recognized
    naw I think the Dodge Ram logo will be around for a long time.

oh you meant different power symbol
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Are you saying that your doing this so that people are seeing you as a icon or your doing this for yourself ?

You can get it done for sure, but never forget taht its for life.

Do what you feel is good not what the others will think about.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

well no, i want to do it for myself, i had a really personal barcode one i wanted to do but barcodes bleed together and look REALLY bad, and i don't mean like it will fade out...i just don't want people coming up to me all the time and asking what the symbol means...i want people who DO see it to know what it means.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i owned a tattoo shop for 5 years..all i can saw is don't get something cause its trendy tattoos should be for oneself..why not get the universal sign of the donut instead

Um... why? So what if people ask you what it is...

May as well get the universal serial bus logo on there.

You do realise if its noticable it'll stop you getting jobs and so on in the future?

exactly why it is going on the lower part of my neck, so if i wear a collared shirt it will cover it.

i know people who haven't got a job because they had a tattoo on thier forearms, not cool.

but i mean i have a lip ring and my ears are stretched to 1/2" so i am pretty limited already.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    get one of these

they have been around for over 500 years and people will recognize them everywhere

aside from distinction by self mutliation what else do you want the tattoe for

I'm usually against tattos unless they as pimpman said are personal, not for public awarness or going with the crowd, and definitely not for just looking cool, coz it'll be unrecognizable within a couple of years, then embarassing when you're at work, and then shameful when you have a family and kids start asking questions
    then cool again when you're old senile Gramps with the funky tattoo, then again a different sort of embaressment when your 80 years old wife has to identify your body

"Yes doctor if you flip him over, yes that's him I recognized his tattoo, what do you mean what does itr represents, it's the symbol of Boyzone, the best boy band for 1996" *actors where used to hide personalities

okay what is the power symbol???

i have a big tattoo on my back.... so i like them.... but on the back of your neck seems a little too out in the open especially when you want to work in corporate places...

but if you mean that you're looking for a symbol to put in your neck.... well your an artist right.... create something your self....

i don't think you should put something that could become a trend... you know....

mac in the neck click

Has Nooooodity, link removed.
    Last edited by Markp.com; 08-27-2004 at 03:17 PM.
    Cannot comprehend this site still exists

well i was going to get a barcode with the letters and numbers on the bottom represetn my brothers anniversary of his death 4 years ago...but barcodes bleed together like i said earlier.

any sugestion on how to incoporate into a tattoo

Name: Andrew
    DOD: 7-13-2000

Do you mean the zero, with the 1 through it, on the power buttons on computers?

I think it will be around for a while.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

exactly what i was talknig about

[i]Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    yeah right on my forehead...COOL

Originally posted by iForgotMyPassword

mac in the neck click [/B]

damn they have the power symbol too...
    Last edited by Markp.com; 08-27-2004 at 03:16 PM.

get a profile picture of your late brother RIP and make it into a silhouetter, then paint it as a tattoo with all the text you want, something small, not too obvious, personal, and will mean much more than some generic tattoo and it'll still be appreciated when known the story behind it

My condolences for you and your family

Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    get a profile picture of your late brother RIP and make it into a silhouetter, then paint it as a tattoo with all the text you want, something small, not too obvious, personal, and will mean much more than some generic tattoo and it'll still be appreciated when known the story behind it

My condolences for you and your family
    huh?

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    huh?

Virgo eat your salad

wtf are you talking about, el ig?

dude, get something that means something to you. I drew my tattoo... about to finish my second one...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

We're on to the main course, now.