A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CNN and Wired.com: Free Electronics

CNN and Wired.com: Free Electronics

The popular promotion that gives away ipods, computers, and tvs has been featured on cnn headline news and wired.com . I have gotten my Ipod and am currently trying to get my pc and tv. If you want, check it out here: Link removed, probably spam and I wouldn't trust a .tk address anyway It is not the actual site giving stuff away, but it explains it and has proof that it is legit.
    Last edited by Markp.com; 08-28-2004 at 09:29 AM.

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    How can any company afford to just give away free stuff. So rediculous. Such a thing does not happen in our plane of existance.
    Last edited by pooon; 08-28-2004 at 03:16 PM.

Give me the wired.com article proving it legit and I'll give it a shot.

Originally posted by fospher.com
    Give me the wired.com article proving it legit and I'll give it a shot.
    Proving it legit and legal.

Subscribers are given a choice of 10 different offers, including a 45-day trial of AOL
    Its too good to be true

I was going to be the guinni pig and tell you all if it works but its only open to US customers

Anyone know of a service that'll let you relay from a US box to a Canadian one?
    Last edited by pooon; 08-28-2004 at 03:45 PM.

I have personal friends who I know have recieved their Ipod in the mail through this, and I have friends who have not, but they also did not fully complete the 5 friends thing. Its hard to find 5 people willing to signup for all that stuff.

Ok, I am actually convinced to try this out. I am the last step now ... and lets just say the offers that I have to sign up for are ridiculous. I do not want to switch my internet service. I do not want to pay anything. I just want to sign up for some spam free of charge to get this over with - which only leaves infone ... which is giving me crap with my credit card.

All in all, with all these testimonies, very tempting and luring offer indeed.

fospher.com, the infone one is supposed to be a pretty good one. I believe you get a $10 gift card for amazon too so thats gravy on top of your free stuff lol.

The three offers I did (one for each of their sites) was the realrhaposody one, the video professor one (my favorite and easiest of all of them, and the miracle burn (works almost like the video professor one so I did it even though I dont need to lose weight lol).

You can have one account at each of the three sites but have to do seperate offers for each. You should use the same info (name, email, address...) when signing up at each site as well as when you sign up for an offer because they check to make sure things are legit and unique.

Here are the links to sign up for each site (my ref links as well if you want to help me out):

For a free 20GB Ipod, 4GB mini or a $250 itunes gift cert: (PM me for link)

For a choice between various free flatscreen tvs or monitors: (PM me for link)

For a choice between various free low-mid range desktop pc: (PM me for link)

I thought this was all a scam (way too good to be true) until I checked it out for a couple weeks. The company makes money with referral fees paid out by the 3rd party companies (aol, video professor, infone...). Some of that money will go toward paying for your ipod (or other reward if you do a different one) if you get the required 5 referrals, but if you don't or you get way more than the required 5 then they get to keep all the extra cash. Most people either never get enough referrals to get their ipod or get more than needed but still only get one ipod. Pretty smart for Gratis and the math seems to work in their favor lol.

One of the communities that I go to (gearlive) has a pretty active portion of their forums dealing with all this stuff...so lots of good informaion.

A thread detailing all/most of the rotating trial offers you can choose from and the pros/cons of each... Some are easy and give you instant credit (like video professor). Others can take weeks to give you credit (like most of the credit card applications). Here is more info: (PM me for link)

Another couple of threads with proof that people are getting their free ipods/tvs/pcs from the same community: (PM me for links)

There is a pretty long backorder for most ipods right now (all over the place since apple is lagging lol) so after you get your offers completed it could take upto (and possibly longer) a month to get your ipod. So if you are interested, get in and sign up now so you don't have to wait as long. I believe the tvs/monitors and the pcs are shipping much faster because there isn't a backorder on those.

Would be cool if a bunch of people from here sign up and start getting their free stuff too :P

No refferal links please, or you'll be banned... we don't want you getting rich off us!
    Last edited by Scilynt; 09-09-2004 at 08:57 PM.

Sorry for posting the ref links...didn't realize it was looked down on.

lol getting rich off you :P, not rich but I could use some free stuff heheh. Is it ok to post my email so those that are interested in the offers can email me for links and more info?

Or how about an official thread/conga for flashkit? That way at least people who are interested can sign up and help each other out while getting thier stuff.

No. People can PM you if needed.

fair enough, thanks .

I finished my ipod!!!

wooohooo, finally got my 5 complete referrals for my free ipod and got to order my free 4th gen 20GB ipod today!!! Now just have to wait for it to process and ship though it will most likely be on backorder judging by the lack of them (silly slow apple lol).

anyway, I wanted to post pictures of the ordering process for those that wanted to see. I will post the pics of my ipod when it arrives too ...

Thanks to those here that may have signed up for me. Can't wait to get my ipod now :P. I still need a lot of referrals to get my TV and PC though lol.

(admin/mod: I assume it is ok to post these pics since it in no way shows any referral info, just edited out the personal info of each page of the ordering process....but please feel free to edit them out if they are not allowed for some reason)

YAY ! I have completed all the stuff for my ipod, and my computer. TV is the hardest one.

Has anyone actually recieved their IPod?

congrats cowkiller6. I only finished the ipod...have 4 more to get the TV and still need all of the PC ones :/.

Markp.com, do you mean from here or in general? In general, thousands have gotten their ipods and TV and I think the PC's have just recently started shipping since it was a new site and not many have fullfilled the requirements.

You can see a bunch of pictures from people that have recieved theirs on this site: http://freeipodguide.com/images/gallery/index.php

or there are links at the bottom of this site that have more images and proof: http://theshoutout.com

Mine is still in processing :/ Says it takes 3-5 (business) days but think they are a bit slower right now with all the traffic they are getting. After it goes through processing it goes into "sent to vendor, waiting on product" meaning that their vendor (ecost.com) is just waiting for it's next shipment from Apple to fulfil their current orders. The ipods are on backorder all over the place so right now it seems to be about a month wait after you finish.

Originally posted by Scilynt
    Mine is still in processing :/ Says it takes 3-5 (business) days but think they are a bit slower right now with all the traffic they are getting.
    See this is whats worrying... like all pyramid schemes the people in at the start reap the rewards... later down the line when it all collapses, people don't get their goods.

Hopefully this isn't happening here, but I wouldn't be going for it myself.

I caught a quick article on the BBC the other night about this (I think it was NewsNight). They were going over how it seemed like a scam, but in fact was'nt.

How they intend to make their money is buying x% of the people who sign up for the trials to keep up paying for the subscriptions. While the website itself is maintained by the money made by company's paying to be part of their scheme.

It's US only which is damn annoying, I want free goodies!

They did this on tech tv's screen savers and it worked for them. Damn United States not sharing with the rest of the world