A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Unload all movies??

Unload all movies??

How to unload all movies with just 1 button?

Banned
    All movies? All external .swfs? All movie clips? The whole main movie itself?

I suposed cause I wrote loaded movies that it was clear I'm talking about loaded movies loadMovie("whatever.swf",2)...
    I have uploaded several movies like this over the main movie (_level0) and I would like to know if it is possible to unloadMovie all of them when pressing a single button with just a simple argument.

Banned
    I suposed cause I wrote loaded movies that it was clear I'm talking about loaded movies loadMovie("whatever.swf",2)...

I don't see any "loaded movies" in your initial post, and you posted bad syntax if you have been loading them on levels... It would be "loadMovieNum"...

Try a for loop...

for(i=1; i<101; i++){ //or the actual range of levels you've used...
    unloadMovieNum(i);
    }

Tell me something, because maybe you gave the key to some trouble I have: If you upload movies without usinf LoadMovieNum (Just loadmovie) how will they be stored?
    I'm trying to send orders from movie stored in level2 to level 0 but it doesn't work, maybe is because I didn't used the right uploading mode...

loadMovie() uses the second parameter of the supplied arguements to target a movie clip instance that's already on the stage

Code:
    loadMovie("whatever.swf","_root.swfjar",1);
    replaces the movie clip on the stage with the instance name 'swfjar' with an external swf 'whatever.swf, and place it at a depth of 1. this would do the same thing

Code:
    _root.swfjar.loadMovie("whatever.swf");

whereas

Code:
    loadMovieNum("whatever.swf",1);
    would load that same swf on the stage, but wouldnt replace a pre-existing movieclip - it would be loaded to a level (the arguement '1');

to target it you'd have to use
    Code:
    _level1._x = 400;