A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost? do you believe?

Ghost? do you believe?

i sure do.

my dad's house is definitly haunted

and most of the dorms here at Castleton are haunted, a girl hung herself in a shower on the third floor. and people can hear her walking about at night when no one is around

me and my friend were talking about it last night and i never really thought about ghost for the longest time...and now i am obsessed again. does anyone else believe in the super natural? or are all you science weenies?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I believe int he supernatural. Maybe not the kind of ghosts that haunt places and scare people, more of s spirit sort of thing that leaves your body when you die.

And I'm definetly not a science weenie. There is no point in listening or learning science imo because they just keep changing everything that they have said after discovering on tiny thing. I don't think they can explain everything or they ever will.
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

i think i am somewhere in between because i don't believe in god or heaven and don't think that i am going to be healed by going to church. And when i don't understand anything and science can it is more comforting...

but i still believe in ghost and things of that type...it is hard to explain, and science can't explain it all.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Originally posted by WannaBe_80z
    ...and science can't explain it all.
    maybe it cant explain it because theres nothing to be found. Its all in our heads.
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

I believe in the borderland and souls there can have an influence ... no ghosts like in movies, but trust me ... THERE IS SOMETHING!

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

not ghost like...GHOSTBUSTERS!

but i mean there is some sort of power out there. I have read about the use of low bass sounds in songs and changing people emotions and all that sort of stuff and how certain sound waves and move things(and even open drawers and doors)

but it is more fun to think someone is there.

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    Actually you mentioning low sound waves reminds me of something i watched once which i believe is very believable explanation for ghost sightings.

This guy was telling the story of when he was working late at night in a lab and he thought he saw a ghost.

He had a sword in a vice and he noticed the end was vibrating, thinking it was a bit odd he picked up the sword and replaced it on the bench in a slightly different place, this time it didn't wobble as much.

He began experimenting placing it in different positions, he found there was one area of the room where the end would wobble the most.

At this point he describes how he began to feel uncomfortable for no apparent reason, just a slight unpleasant feeling. He then thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye, he turned to look at it but it was gone.

This creeped him out and he decided to pack up and go home. Now being a scientific chap he decided there must be a rational explanation for the sword wobbling, sick feeling etc

he worked out the next day that the ventilation fan in the lab was creating a low hum that made the sword vibrate. Turning off the fan made it stop. He reckoned as well as making the sword vibrate it was causing parts of him to vibrate (hence the uneasy feeling) also and this is the real killer bit....

He reckon low level noise can make your eyeballs vibrate causing you to see things blurry edge things that aren't there.

Then when you turn your head to get a better look you move your head out of the "sweet spot" of maximun excitement, so the illusion disappears.

Kind of makes sense don't it? I reckon a lot of ghost sightings could be down to your eyeballs wobbling about from low level noise etc

I disagree /\ /\ /\
    | | |

I don't think that could cause it, I mean yes it could , but as many people say they have seen supernatual stuff, that above could not reflect alot of the publics belif.

I do belive in the supernatural and ghost, I have seen one and stuff flying in the air, I also belive in Aliens, and other worlds.

My thought on Death, when you die you are reborn into a new life not knowing your past life or that it exsisted, but you know that you are you, like the way you think subconiously.

I once saw a space ship or something in the desert camping. I awoke from a deep sleep and looked out the tent and saw a blue thin light pearing down on the dirt, the beam was about 8 feet tall and whiteish in the middle.

i wanted to get into ghost hunting , i think it would really be interesting.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

Go get 'er Ray!
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

yeah i saw that article a while ago, pretty cool

i was listening to some EVP's earlier(a audio recoridng at a certain frequency) some pretty freaky stuff

only bad thing about nowadays with this kinda stuff...there is a lot of fakes and it is so easy to fake images and even video now.

yep. believe in them, seen a couple.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

here is one, my buddy took while he was at the airshow, this is no fake, looks like a flying saucer

??
    can''t find it post it later
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

it's 'cygnet', really.

Re: Ghost? do you believe?

Originally posted by WannaBe_80z
    and most of the dorms here at Castleton are haunted, a girl hung herself in a shower on the third floor. and people can hear her walking about at night when no one is around
    who hears her walking if there's no one around?
    ...then what?

The low-level noise theory sounds interesting. Personally I don't beleive in ghosts or anything supernatural.... for me to beleive something I need scientfic proof or drugs.... :P
    subgenius.com

Ah, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.

"What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Re: Re: Ghost? do you believe?

Originally posted by c4gnet
    who hears her walking if there's no one around?

good one.

I believe in them but I don't think there's anything odd about it.

Think about it - there's always been unexplained stuff that is eventually explained by science. I just think there's a load of 'forces' (if that's what you want to call them) that we haven't yet explained.

Think about water divining or dowsing - that's really odd - don't you think? Underground water can make rods in your hand move - weird but it works - I've tried it and I don't understand how it works but I bet there's a perfectly logical explanation for it. The same probably goes for ghosts - there's probably some sort of energy that's left by animals when they've been somewhere for long enough.

I don't believe in God and I don't believe in heaven so I don't believe that these ghosts are actually conscious beings that haven't made it to heaven yet. It's just an energy that we haven't yet explained.

I honestly believe that there's nothing in this universe that couldn't eventually be explained by science.

It's all just a load of numbers and equations - that's all it is - nothing weird at all..

There has to be more than this life
    Lecherous by Nature, Evil by Intent

***Blame dem Jeans***

Don't agree.

You're born, you live, you die.

No more than that.