A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Time

Time

I want to get a percentage loady thing but all i could think of was the timer but that goes in Milliseconds, any help would be much appreciated.

Connie

well i have almost no expiriance with that kind of stuff , but the little i know ive learned from the examples at 3DFA libery
    so try see if this helps
    ok....what ?

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar

Loading Movie?

Hi Connie,

Have you checked out the preload movie feature? (on the right hand side, below the size of the movie and above the file format details).

These predefined movies allow you to perform loading animations whilst the main movie loads, based on percentage bytes loaded of the main movie.

Try editing the animation called 'progress bar' but add an edit box to it containing the variable 'pw'. If this works, chop out the script that shows the progress bar itself, and the text for 'Loading', and hey presto, I think you'll have what you're looking for.

Any problems, post them here with the source code of your movie and any linked files, and folks will try and help.

Best of luck,

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Out of interest, is this what you meant:

Very slow to load movie, but one that has a loading movie
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com