dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hp Banner Stuffed

Hp Banner Stuffed

I have written in regarding this day before yesterday, the HP banner with the arrows is reeking havoc with the performance of my machine. IT IS BADLY CODED. This is flash kit for christs sake get it off or fix it. The arrows are being duplicated tweened and alpha tweened without removing them properly and causing my machine to slow down BADLY.
    Im on a very powerful machine and it ONLY occurs on this add, it is so frustrating to have this happen without any response from FK when this is meant to be the place to be.
    Come one someone.......
    peace.

No idea what you're talking about, but you may want to try the feedback forum instead

have been there, nothing !!! Have emailed through the contact us , nothing !
    Sorry to be a hand wringer (you know those people who sit around worrying about stuff unneccessarily), but its really bugging me.
    There is a Hewit Packard Banner which is displayed top and bottom of the FK site, it has arrows shooting to the skies, and it is slowing my machine down badly, really badly.

Anyway as I write this it appears to be out of rotation (may be someone heard me).
    peace.

Nope there it is again.
    peace.

yasunobu13 I have recently discovered the Joys of Firefox, ooohhh.
    IE is evil.
    peace.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Strange.
    I have hit refresh about 100 times and have yet to see the HP banner at either the top or bottom of the page and so far not one time on any page here at FK have I experienced the kind of performance hit you mentioned and I'm on a 5 yr old box that certainly isn't a "very powerful machine" like yours.
    Does anyone else recall this ad or any performance issues like audas is having?
    Did they pull it off?
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Dude its not like I make this stuff up....either the banner has been taken off, as I havent seen it for sometime, or there are a lot of banners on rotation.
    It was definitely doing it, no two ways about it, I am sure plenty of people have seen the consequences of a badly looping swf.
    It may be on some strange rotation, time based, expired(hopefully) or being looked at. Either way it isnt there at the moment, excellent.
    The banner has a park with trees that move according to the mouse, bhind the trees are buildings popping up that turn into arrows then launch and fade into the sky.
    Pretty sure I didnt make that up.
    peace.

Same problem, the hp banner ad slows my machine down to allmost nothing, Typing a post like this one, I have had to wait for about 30 seconds before the carachters appear on the screen
    its more than procesor intensive...its a blood sucker.

Tony

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO,

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO, I knew it wasnt just me, its taken three yes three days for anyone to even acknowledge this, its a serious problem. I am thingking that maybe it is cooki based and that is why it dosent show up after a while, either way please fix it.
    peace.

And as I type this.....the ad is just above with all those arrows and now it is zapping all the power out of the processor....THIS IS SILLY AND ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING.

Tony